So I've caught myself up on the three issues released to. Date and I can see why no one has created a thread for this series/ continuation of the Windblade series.

It's slow, uninteresting and predictable, with little to show me that it is to improve soon. It's relying on a McGuffin that bored and devalued much of what had been built in the decent Windblade series that preceded it. Combiner Wars was yet another non event, like Chaos and even Dark Cybertron that were mediocre event speed bumps that managed to derail or devalue the ongoing series.

The art is lovely, but the first three issues could almost as easily been one, it reads so quick I feel it will take as long to read this in trade form as a single issue of MtMtE. Other than Windblade, everyone else feels like a cut out or caricature of their previous selves. Prior knowledge of the previous series is required, this is not a jump on, entry level series and really has nothing to entice or keep new readers with no experience in the recent IDW-verse.

I welcome this third ongoing as a way to remain on Cybertron, but if all it is going to do is rehash the boring combiner act that permeated and took over RiD/transformers ongoing before it shifted back to Earth (again), then I worry that again a Windblade and Council of Worlds based comic will be shelved altogether sooner rather than later.

This may all be moot after Hasbro inserts their greedy paws and ruins the decent Transformers books to prop up their other abysmal licensed offerings. Transformers doesn't need the dead weight of this upcoming crossover that looks like it will impact TAaO and Ongoing quite heavily.