View Poll Results: Starscream with Lancelon - worth getting?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • A big new Screamer - hells yes!

1 33.33%
  • Only if a TRU member

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

2 66.67%
  • This toy would make me run screaming from the store!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - RID(15) Power Surge Starscream with Lancelon

Default Toy Review - RID(15) Power Surge Starscream with Lancelon

Starscream with Lancelon
    Series – RID(15)
    Size/class – Hmmm – Voyager maybe?
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here – Yes, TRU exclusive
    Approximate Retail Price - $60 ($30 if a TRU member)
    Approximate Size - 18cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Voice sounds
    Main Colours – Gray, Blue, Red
    Main Accessories – Mini-Con Lancelon

Robot Mode
    He has somewhat of an elongated chin which is in keeping with the RID style but looks a bit odd considering the rest of his helmet structure. The proportions are quite nice. He has null rays on his forearms but they lack detail so would just look like grey sticks to the untrained eye. He has elbow and hip articulation but nothing in the knees or shoulders so he is not particularly poseable. Comes with various sound bytes that mostly go on about gaining a ‘Power Surge!’ which I assume is why he has big purple energon-viens running down his gut and thighs.

Jet Mode
    Very reminiscent of his Animated jet mode, with the forward facing sharp wings. The forearms leave a bit of bulk under the wings and the top looks a bit flat and bare at the back without the Mini-Con attached. Overall it’s a nice looking stylized Cybertronian Jet however the cockpit on mine just wont clip in tight enough and it leaves a gap running down the middle that detracts from the look.

Transformation
    Very easy

Mini-Con
    Lancelon is quite nice looking in robot mode, looks like a steampunk knight or something. Doesn’t look too bad as a sword either. Starscream can hold him as a weapon (though his fingers don’t close so it looks like he is just holding the sword with one thumb), have him on the back of his jet or attach him to his chest which I am assuming is how he gets his ‘Mini-Con Power!’

Overall
    Like pretty much the entire RID(15) line, Starscream feels cheaply made, has an overly-simplistic transformation for a toy his size and does not stand out as a brilliant figure. However he comes with a Mini-Con and lots of sound bites so he is probably a pretty good toy for your younger TF fans. Only recommended for kids or Starscream fanatics. Not bad at $30 but I wouldn’t pay the full $60 for him.

How'd you manage to score him at half price Trev?
    Email coupon, or special promotion?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    How'd you manage to score him at half price Trev?
    Email coupon, or special promotion?
    He if half price if you have a TRU member card. I just had them sign me up at the checkout when I grabbed him