Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition Grimlock (Vs Bruticus) images

Default Platinum Edition Grimlock (Vs Bruticus) images

An Asian ebayer who's been selling a lot of things from the factory lately, has listed up a new Generations Grimlock with colours different to the Hasbro and JP versions.

It is expected to be the Platinum edition Grimlock, which is supposed to be out soon, and will come with a new deco Bruticus set. (pictures of that will be added to this topic when they are found)

Also by the same seller is a new deco Classics Voyager Jetfire... which might be one of the next Platinum edition figures, as we are supposed to be getting 30 of them in the near future.
    (One of the images has a Decepticon symbol and Autobot symbol on the toy, so either it is a mistake from the factory, or maybe this Platinum Edition pack has something to do with his introduction to the Gen1 cartoon - which has him swap sides from Decepticon to Autobot)

That Grimlock looks like a decent improvement.

I like the idea of the dueling symbols on Jetfire

I still think people are better off customising the original Hasbro Grimlock.

i like the chrome gold ....but they should of done all the gold bit like that ..not only the body ... plus the abs should be red ...looks wrong silver

The Grimlock looks like a custom. Doesn't look very official. Some paint spots are a bit... sloppy...

Hope we get more paint apps if it isn't. Interested to see Bruticus.

Might email Hasbro to see if that's the real one, if you guys want.

Also, not to be a rotten egg, but what ever made this the Platinum Grimlock anyway? IMHO, it has nothing going for it that suggests that it's the Platinum Grimmy.

The Grimlock toy still needs more paint, if this is the platinum version, it falls way short of my expectations. The normal version has a bland grey and brown scheme, probably done on purpose so they could release a fancier platinum version The Takara version seems to have the best paint and its due later this month. Has a lacklustre transformation, but works well as an action figure but needs paint.

The Jetfire looks intriguing.

I'm waiting to see how Bruticus looks. If it's a good look I might need to pass my G2 Bruticus off

Jetfire just looks much like the Henkei one to me.

Grimlock's colours on the other hand almost makes that toy look good.

I really like the Jetfire mold, would love to see a variant with a macross symbol, although I'm a bit intrigued by the Decepticon badges on the wings, could they be the badges of other decepticons he has shot down in combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    The Takara version seems to have the best paint and its due later this month.
    I've ordered the Takara version! But I honestly didn't think about which one had the better colour scheme -- it just worked out to be the cheapest one I could find. :/