Page 111 of 152 FirstFirst ... 91101106107108109110111112113114115116121131 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Really pissed off about this - One HD/Ten Drops NFL & MLB on Australian Free To Air TV In 2014

Going back a couple of years I had Foxtel, just so I could catch live games of my 49ers, however because they pretty much sucked between 2002 and 2010, I was lucky to see one game a year on Fox Sports / ESPN due the fact that they only broadcasted about 3 games a week. With the introduction of free-to-air and 3 games shown on One HD a week (including the playoffs), I got myself a digital set-top box, replaced my aerial, and planned my annual leave around the NFL schedule.

So, if you live in Australia, you basically have three choices - subscribe to NFL Gamepass which will set you back about $200, download torrents of the games you are interested in however these are generally 24 hours after the game has been played, or subscribe to Foxtel (which I won't be doing again).
    After what MLB just did to promote the game over here I find this most strange.

It certainly was a tragedy what happened to young Alex McKinnon
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Or watch streaming for free
    There are some dodgy sites out there that re-broadcast the games however they get shut down by the FBI as fast as they pop up. Not to mention the quality sucks i.e. extremely grainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    After what MLB just did to promote the game over here I find this most strange.
    Not really. Lachlan Murdoch owns both Channel 10 and Foxtel. He's trying to shift audiences to pay-per-view so he can line his pockets even further.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Dumb move by the NRL giving the A league a free grand final weekend.

Roar were definite winners, they stayed calm in the first half and really pressed after going one nil down. Berisha may be a diving cheat, but he does it well.

The wanderers deserved to lose after failing to defend for the whole match, and after the roar equalised they never looked like getting back in front.

The officiating was preposterous, there is no way the wanderers were more than three times as foul as the roar and half the yellow cards were given for nothing, every time an orange shirt fell down it was a penalty, often incorrectly. It's bad when a team wins off the back of biased and horrible officiating, but even a fair ref would not have helped the wanderers defence.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Go the Mighty Eels

That is all.

Not sure who I feel more sorry for, the Raiders or the Dragons... both have just forgotten how to play in the last few weeks.

Very happy to see the Sharks lose, not only because they keep Newcastle company, but their general "everyone is against us" vibe has gotten very tired. In their last couple of games, their "sportsmanship" and niggling in tackles have made the Storm look like touch footy players.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Not sure who I feel more sorry for, the Raiders or the Dragons... both have just forgotten how to play in the last few weeks.

Very happy to see the Sharks lose, not only because they keep Newcastle company, but their general "everyone is against us" vibe has gotten very tired. In their last couple of games, their "sportsmanship" and niggling in tackles have made the Storm look like touch footy players.
    Don't feel sorry for the Dragons, Price has got the team that he wants... Yeah good one Price, we have forwards who don't know how to go forward.

I am one very said Dragons fan

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Agree! Wasn't there a rule chnage this year where the captains are not to approach the ref less to keep the game going? I guess gallen didn't read the memo, a sharks game doesnt go past without hearing gallen bleating about penalties in the refs microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Agree! Wasn't there a rule chnage this year where the captains are not to approach the ref less to keep the game going? I guess gallen didn't read the memo, a sharks game doesnt go past without hearing gallen bleating about penalties in the refs microphone.
    Captains seem to be doing this alot now, Cam Smith was at his chatty best last night, having a 3 minute conversation with the ref.

Did I say chatty? I mean whinging

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Captains seem to be doing this alot now, Cam Smith was at his chatty best last night, having a 3 minute conversation with the ref.

He certainly was, and while he is usually fairly calm and polite (keep the refs onside!) he sure wasn't last night.

Gallen can't shut his mouth for more than three seconds and has to give his opinions on everything, but at least he plays hard and has the obvious footballing skill (drug assisted or not) to back his idiotic mouth up. Same cannot be said for Mick Ennis.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Well being a fan of the warriors it would be nice to see mannering have a chat. He walks up to the ref then turns around and back into the defence line!