Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 72828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

Default It's showtime Synergy!

After box-office success with Transformers, GIJoe and Battleship, another Hasbro Brand is about to hit the big screen...

Jem and the Holograms!

Hasbro's attempt in the 80s to take on Barbie, that came with a cartoon packed with singing and adventure... and included some Transformers Gen1 Voice Actors (since it was being produced by the same people) - Susan Blu, Samantha Newark, Charlie Adler, Jack Angel, Dan Gilverzan, Neil Ross, Wally Burr (& voice director) and Townsend Coleman (who also did roles in Animated).

On a side note... it is worth noting that the voice of the 80s Jem (Samantha Newark) is a guest at BotCon this year, so there will probably be a few closet fans asking her about the new movie, even though it might still be too early for all the casting to be done. (she might get a cameo somewhere as a homage to the original series)

Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

I've heard that apparently not a single woman is actually involved at all with the creative, directive or productive process of this film - Am I alone in finding that to be a tad odd and a little surprising?

That's pretty sucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Truly outrageous, they are making a Jem and the Holograms movie.

Given the success of Hannah Montana, I'm surprised it's taken so long for Hasbro to realise they could also make a movie about a pop star with a secret identity.
    Copying my comments on the movie from another thread and adding that is it believable that a computer could help someone be a pop star?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I've heard that apparently not a single woman is actually involved at all with the creative, directive or productive process of this film - Am I alone in finding that to be a tad odd and a little surprising?
    That's truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

Copying my comments on the movie from another thread and adding that is it believable that a computer could help someone be a pop star?
    Yep, it's completely implausible.

That's pretty sucky.

Sorry... didn't realise this was already posted somewhere else.

I didn't think there'd be enough interest in Jem to start it's own thread. Apart from the Hasbro property angle, I only vaguely recall the cartoon.

I wasn't sure if there was enough interest, but with fans of 80s cartoons & toylines, plus the element of Bronys... I thought others like me might have remembered it from the saturday morning line-up of Transformers and other cartoons.
    (and I didn't see that there was an existing future movie topic)

The next How to train your Dragon 2 trailer is out: http://youtu.be/uLBmHtI5KfM

Still on the topic of the upcoming Jem motion picture, here are the first images from Superherohype.

Please, when will we be getting a live action Visionaries, or Inhumanoids movie...
    Recent Acquisitions: MP-53+B Dia Burnout
    (Pre-)ordered: Missing Link C-02
    Wants: Encore Headmasters!