Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: APS-01U Ultimate Optimus from Hasbro HK

Default APS-01U Ultimate Optimus from Hasbro HK

The next exclusive from Hasbro Hong Kong is a re-release of the Jetwing Optimus Prime toy (not the Ultimate Optimus toy)... noted as the "Ultimate Edition" Optimus Prime (more likely to be the Ultimate "Priced" Edition ).

More details to be revealed, but is said to be "loaded with weapons and accessories", and an early image can be seen here from a fan-run group who looks to have exclusive rights to Transformers HK reveals & news.

Considering the 100% markup on the last APS release (Human Alliance Soundwave & Barricade), this one is likely to be over US$200.

This would be the fourth version of the Jetwing mould. Previous ones were the first regular version, the black JP version, and the Gen1 Amazon US version.

I'm hoping it comes with that shield, guns, and swords that came with Striker Optimus Prime
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

The official images have been released, showing that the Jetwing Optimus comes with just about every previous accessory the toy had at some point for DOTM.
    I think the "knuckle-duster" accessory is new though... a tiny bit of new plastic for this set.

ION BLASTER X 1
    BATTLE BLADE X 2
    BATTLE HOOK X2
    KNUCKLE X 1 (NEW)
    JETWING X 1
    STRIKER SHIELD X 1
    ELIMINATOR GUN X 1 & ASSAULT BLASTER X 1 (FORMS MEGA STRIKER)

Looking at the combined armoured vehicle mode, it does look a little impressive... but expect a huge price tag for this one.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was US$200 or more.

I have the original AU release. Since Jetwing OP is actually the DOTM version of the Buster Prime mould (which is my second favourite mould of all time) and this version will be done in a paint job befitting the Buster Prime mould and it comes with Striker Prime's accessories I'm so getting this.

...Anyone want a slightly dusty original Jetwing Prime?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The base ROTF Prime mold is easily in my top 5 of all time, and I've not yet been able to obtain any of the more premium versions of it, so I'm up for this as long as it's south of say $200AUD.

Which is probably won't be.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

So... DotM leader Optimus, with Buster fuel tanks, Jetwing pack, Striker weapons, energon hooks, and knuckle dusters, and all with a premium paint job?

Want.

But... money...

I already have both the original Buster Prime and the standard release Jetwing Prime. But this is everything, and it's very difficult not to want it. I wonder if Hasbro AU would be willing to try to bring it over, or if due to the slow sales of Jetwing Prime over here, it's a non-starter?

I think I am going to have to pre-order this. I've seen the nemesis jetwing version in stores here and wished I could get it in the conventional red and blue colours, so this will do the trick. Not entirely sold on the face though.
    Wonder when we will see pricing for it. Might have to go see if any of the stores have it up for pre-order yet next week.

Damn. Just got myself an original Jetwing Prime and now there's this. Looks amazing!

$230 at RK, $270 at BBTS. I don't think even with the POL shipping savings it will make up for the difference.

He's going to be around $400 with shipping thanks to the exchange rate.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.