Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting TF:Prime:Cyberverse

Default Collecting TF:Prime:Cyberverse

When I've been looking in stores lately I haven't really felt the love for the TF:Prime toys. I got the First Edition toys six months ago, and three more deluxes this year (Soundwave, Wheeljack and Ratchet) all purchased online.

I see the first wave "RID" figures in store and I've either got them or am not interested in them. I'm not interested in BotShots. And then there's the Cyberverse.

I don't have any Commanders yet but after seeing Ironhide and Dreadwing today, I have considered picking them up. Bulkhead and Starscream look alright too, and Optimus and Megatron look passable.

I got a couple of Legions (Arcee and Cliffjumper) but wasn't wowed with them, and as far as I can tell they are the best of the lot so far, which makes me think of sticking to the Commanders only... Except the Commanders and Legions are meant to go together to make up the cast. The Commanders look out of place with the Revealers.

So I'm curious what others think, in general, of the Cyberverse line.

Commander BH is ace. All the rest that I have experienced were horrible. I ended up buying Megs and Stars as well. Megs coz the robot look nice, and stars for the weapons to clip on my FE version. Megs vehicle mode looks so horrible, but the robot looks good, except for the arm cannon being on a funky angle. Starscream was an abomination I thought. The jet mode is not sleek in the slightest and the whole thing just made me loathe it.

I feel fairly uninterested in much of the Prime line after the FE. I will be interested in Dreadwing and Breakdonw I think and be happy enough with that. I am seeing it as a way to save some cash though!

Decepticon Guest

I found them to all be ok for the size of them. They are too expensive for what they are. I find Optimus the worst in its truck mode, followed by ladyboy starscreem. I'm so after dreadwing. It looks amazing.

Cliffjumper and bulkhead are amazing in both modes. Megatrons robot mode is awesome. Arcee and vehicon are cool also. I agree commanders are over priced, of they were 12 bucks I'd probably pick others up. The cyberverse are just fun little guys to muck around with on your desk.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I'm not fond of Bulkhead's superfluous chest kibble -- it detracts from the look of the vehicle mode and makes the robot looks _less_ show-like. (o_O) It's as if they wanted to make the Commander toy more FE Voyager-accurate. (O_o) Weird.

Cliffjumper =
    ...I'd recommend him even if you don't like TF Prime. Ratchet's kinda disappointing and the rest that I've gotten have been fine. I don't have Commander Optimus Prime, Starscream or Megatron, so I can't comment on them.

I don't really care if they are not show accurate as long as they are good fun little toys.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    I don't really care if they are not show accurate as long as they are good fun little toys.
    I agree, but Cmdr Bulkhead's faux kibble adds nothing to the toy and detracts from its aesthetic/cosmetic appeal. It just seems to be there for the sake of being there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree, but Cmdr Bulkhead's faux kibble adds nothing to the toy and detracts from its aesthetic/cosmetic appeal. It just seems to be there for the sake of being there.
    Is possible
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

The Cyberverse is good if you don't wanna invest in the full size toys but still want to have the cast of the show - though they are not cheap for their size they're still fun to play with especially with playsets being provided by Hasbro nowadays for those size class. It actually interacts well with the DOTM Ark Playsets well too.

hold on ...Ironhide and Dreadwing are out now in local market are they? If so i gotta do some visiting of stores tomorrow then.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hold on ...Ironhide and Dreadwing are out now in local market are they? If so i gotta do some visiting of stores tomorrow then.
    I haven't seen them in stores.