Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most you have spent on a TF ?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverDragon View Post
    Well, this is utterly pathetic compared to everyone else, but $50 on Animated Blitzwing/Grimlock. Each.

And I love them dearly.
    Don't worry SD, it's their importance to you that makes them valuable, even if the $ spent doesn't match it.

My most expensive TF seems to be a common one on this thread with my Brave Max at around $500. The first time I actually saw and touched a Maxi was when I got him!

Coming in next are my MP4 Convoy, Encore G1 Omega Supreme and TFCC Seacons all around the $180 mark (i think??).

My most expensive was E-Hobby Anime Galvatron, but only by accident. By itself it was only $100, but i accidentally transferred the money from the wrong account - doing so cost me $200+ interest at the end of the month!

Other than that, MP Grimlock at around $230.

The amount of cash some of you spend on TFs is admirable, I also envy you at the same time. Having been a student for so long means it's a bit tough to justify spending over a hundred bucks on a figure. The most expensive one I ever bought was a reissue God Ginrai from HLJ back in 2003 - can't remember how much it cost now, possibly between $60-$80. Still love it to bits. Will be nice to get a full time job later this year once I'm qualified and hunt down some of the G1, Cybertron and Energon figures that look cool.

eek, not much but $90 on Movie Leader megatron, hoping to top that when I get devastator...ROTf. But lets face it Keep in mind im not exactly old *cough 13 cough* (diehard fan anyway)
    I buy what I can.

I find it amazing that the size of a Transformer does not dictate price.

My most spent was on two 'Universe' Swerves for about $80 a piece. Also, probably Alternator Mirage when he first showed up at retail in the US... about $85 on that sucker. Much frustration when I opened him up and found a bad paint defect... Could only get $20 for him a year later. Man I miss that figure.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhide63 View Post
    eek, not much but $90 on Movie Leader megatron, hoping to top that when I get devastator...ROTf. But lets face it Keep in mind im not exactly old *cough 13 cough* (diehard fan anyway)
    I buy what I can.
    Don't say that, it isn't "not much", even with a job now and extra cash, I still consider that amount a pretty big spend.

So yea, it is all reletive to size/age of the toy as well, so you are in the "big spenders" club with the rest of us by that definition.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

The most I've spent would currently be $120 (includes shipping) for my Classics Soundwave.
    Normally I wouldn't spend so much on a single toy, but I love Soundwave to much and that was the cheapest I could find him at the time.

I would say $250 on MP Mxxxxxxn

Or maybe it was MP Ultra Magnus for $280 I can't really remember haha

Grimlock would come next natuerally at $230, then MP -04 $199

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigPenney View Post
    The most I've spent would currently be $120 (includes shipping) for my Classics Soundwave.
    Normally I wouldn't spend so much on a single toy, but I love Soundwave to much and that was the cheapest I could find him at the time.
    Dang, should have joined earlier. We could have gotten you one for $50 when they had plenty at TRU.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker View Post
    I find it amazing that the size of a Transformer does not dictate price.
    true... just look at bumblejumper - Ive never seen it less than $100
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]