Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release dates for next 3 Transformers movies set by Paramount

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    By your own admission you're not thrilled by a BB movie and you've seen them all in gold class.
    I havent seen any BB movies in gold class. There haven't been any

Cause we need more Bumblebee toys
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I want a Downshift movie.
    Honestly I reckon Transformers could benefit from an Agents of SHIELD format of TV show. You can showcase minor characters living undercover on Earth, fighting a secret war against the Decepticons, helping people etc.

Oh wait, that is pretty much he plot of Transformers Prime

It would be a horrendously expensive show though since all the characters would be CG.

That's not a bad idea, but like you mentioned yourself it wouldn't have a realistic budget. I really like Agents of Shield but it's frustrating when the CG is rubbish, which does happen from time to time. they seem to occasionally write around peoples powers to save a bit of money. and a lot of the main cast don't have powers so it's cheaper featuring them all the time.

I can only imagine a Transformers show set around a similar premise would end up featuring a lot of humans talking to cars or driving places in cars that can drive themselves. which would kind of suck.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I can only imagine a Transformers show set around a similar premise would end up featuring a lot of humans talking to cars or driving places in cars that can drive themselves. which would kind of suck.
    Are you forgetting an awesome little show from the 80's called Knight Rider?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Are you forgetting an awesome little show from the 80's called Knight Rider?
    Are you forgetting that terrible show from the 90's called Team Knight Rider?

I think if they ever did do a Transformers TV show, it would have to have a plot device that prevents a lot of bots being in robot mode, as well as preventing too much fighting/special effects and explosions.

Back in 2007 I asked myself, how could a live action Transformers TV show work, that was affordable (minimal special effects).
    I put together a story concept that had the Earth placed in a protective stasis lock by the Humans to prevent any more Bots fighting and destroying/killing.... and that the Allspark shard (that was used in TF2 to resurrect Megatron), was the only object able to break the stasis lock for limited amounts of time. That way, we still have the Autobots and Decepticons on screen and talking as their regular characters, with the real vehicles (alt-modes), but partnered up with humans and military characters... because they needed to track down a rogue group of ex-Sector 7 agents, who had captured Decepticons (dead and alive) and were using them and their technology for capturing Autobots and other criminal purposes (as more of a mystery drama than all-out action). And at least once in each episode, we'd see some of them in bot mode for a short amount of time (for something necessary), and the spark shard would make it possible.
    It wouldn't have been a big action, special effects show (because TV budgets are so much smaller, and produce more minutes of screentime), but would have been something like the Agents of Shield TV show, which has that feel of the Marvel Universe Movies, but trimmed down to make it more (cheap) drama than (expensive) action.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Only ever saw the first episode - dear lord it was depressingly bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well there ya go, maybe it's the school I work at and/or the little town I live in where BB seems to be so popular
    The ladies and the mums at my work love bumblebee.