Important Disclaimer: This is not a licensed Transformer, thought it does seem to be intentionally suggestive of G1 Springer

I've been a bit lazy hoping someone else would kick start this, but after just writing all this somewhere else to answer someone's question, it seems more fit to just start a topic about it.

This is an awesome figure. I absolutely love all three modes, BUT, the transformation between the three is a bit frustrating due to some serious stiffness. The shoulder socket transformation is so stiff I find it daunting every time. There is also a tab in the back of the waist that clips into his back that I had to apply so much force to align, i ended up shaving a bit of the tab off to be more comfortable with it.

The stiffness of some joints is frustrating in that regard (never thought I'd say that), and unfortunately some other key joints (knees) are just too loose after a bit of play and can't be tightened (pins vs. screws). And the last grievance is that he doesn't stand straight up very well. He's great to pose any other way and is relatively stable therein, just not standing straight up.

The weapons and their stowability (in all three modes) is just amazing. Not only can you holster his pistols in his hips, but he can actually reach down and pull them out himself. With your assistance of course, but the fact he reaches makes for some very cool poses.

Regardless, it's still a remarkable piece of engineering, all three mode are awesome, and while I think it's already one of my favorite pieces in my collection (I was always very partial to Springer and his futuristic modes as a child), if the transformation was the slightest bit less frustrating, it could be one of the greatest 'bots of all time.

The comic is really neat and not only shows an evil Defender clone, but also three other characters: Revolver, Recoil and I can't remember the 3rd. Recoil and the latter are pretty non-descript, but Revolver clearly looks Roadbuster inspired.