Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to board

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Welcome to the board, Ah yes the old "I'm buying these for the kids honey, Don't worry I'll look after them until they are old enough to play with them"
    .....then when their old enough,.... aaaaw the kids dont want them anymore they just wanna go out and hang out with their friends.. so Ill just keep these safe and look after them coz you never know
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Hi every one, thanks for the greeting and the belly laugh I just had at liegeprime and 1orion2many's posts. My wife is going to laugh at these too.

Favorites would have to be Jetfire and ravage for the little fella at the moment (though he seems to be able to rattle most of them off, it's amazing to hear) , I remember loving Thrust and Optimus as a kid, now, probably Optimus and Ironhide from the movies, Long Haul on the dark side. Wife love's bumblebee.

So, I was hoping that you can all give me some advice on collecting.

We have quite a few figures we have picked up relatively cheap. My son is allowed to play with a few and he is really good with them, however no matter how good he is there is going to be some play wear apparent after a while.
    I would like to start a collection of the full movie line of figures, whilst being pretty scale accurate, and display them. Whilst they will be on display I am wondering whether or not to collect the boxes and cardbacks as well. It seems a nice thing to have if we have them for years.

Or should I find out if anyone has the cardbacks and boxes for the few figures that I have and get them and then continue on with collecting with boxes.
    I have no real interest in keeping them MISB as I would like to display them, but maybe it would be nice to display them with the box/card at the rear.

Any suggestions or advice I would be happy to hear.

Next question,
    I have a Buster Prime and Jetfire 2 pack that I picked up at KMart a couple of years ago. Now even though i said I don't want to collect MISB I have kept this 2pack in that state as it seems to be going for a pretty penny on ebay.
    While it is nice not opening these figures I am worried that the batteries will leak and wreck both of these nice figures.
    Should I open it and take the batteries out or just leave it. Will the price drop more if it's opened, or, more if it is MISB and the figures are both wrecked inside from the battery acid. I will add that the box is not mint.

Anyway that is long enough for my first proper post. It is great to find this site. I have already had dealings with a few members, and am in the process of buying a couple of figures. All dealings have been really pleasant and makes me wish I had found this site a while ago.

Thanks to you all and I appreciate any advice and help you can offer.

Sincerly

kreh80

Quote Originally Posted by kreh80 View Post
    Favorites would have to be Jetfire and ravage for the little fella at the moment (though he seems to be able to rattle most of them off, it's amazing to hear) , I remember loving Thrust and Optimus as a kid, now, probably Optimus and Ironhide from the movies, Long Haul on the dark side. Wife love's bumblebee.
    I believe I haven't met a girl whose favourite Transformer is not Bumblebee in the Bay movies (if they ever watch one at all) except for me and Jena here both rooting for Optimus.

This statistic so far includes all my female friends in high school, universities (that's 2 I've gone to), and workplaces.

Btw, WELCOME ON BOARD!

I'd personally rather buy an opened toy that's in working condition than a sealed toy that's broken. Besides, if you only open it to remove the battery and put it back in the box you can still claim that it's LMIB (Loose Mint In Box).

GoktimusPrime,

Thanks for the input. It does seem a bit silly to just leave the figures electronics to get wrecked for the sake of leaving the box closed. I'm still to do it yet but they will be coming out soon.

Thanks again