View Poll Results: TFPrime Cmdr Ironhide - worth buying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • Only if...

2 25.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - TFPrime Cmdr Ironhide

Default Toy Review - TFPrime Cmdr Ironhide

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Ironhide
    Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Commander
    Wave - 2
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Should be April 2012 (Released globally April)
    Approximate Retail Price - $15-20
    Approximate Size - 10cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Offroad pickup truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - translucent parts can light up from LEDs packed with other figures.
    Main Colours - Orange, black, translucent blue
    Main Accessories - 2 guns

Decepticon Guest

This is brilliant for its size. Love both modes. Robot mode is very G1 esque and he looks tough. Transformation is quite interesting. Blue cannons are good. So yeah, I would give it a 10/10. Best Commander yet!

Gah... I can't find any new stuffs at my local stores.

I'm quite interested in getting this toy as Ironhide was meant to be one of the cast members in Transformers Prime, but after the writers found out that Ironhide was to be killed in Dark of the Moon, they changed it to Bulkhead so as to avoid 'confusing kids.' So it'd be cool to get a toy of the character who was originally slated to be in TF Prime but got bumped off in favour of Bulkhead. Judging from the photos it looks to be a better toy than Bulkhead -- no unsightly pointless faux-kibble on the bonnet!

I dunno Gok. I have a feeling that Ironhide will show his face in the next season. (Without spoiling my reasoning behind this, I'm sure that you could guess why)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm quite interested in getting this toy as Ironhide was meant to be one of the cast members in Transformers Prime, but after the writers found out that Ironhide was to be killed in Dark of the Moon, they changed it to Bulkhead so as to avoid 'confusing kids.'
    I just learned something new It should have been Ironhide. I like Bulkhead but he is more suited to Animated than Prime IMO.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

So is BUlky going on a holiday then?!?!?! That's the vibe Im getting - with ol Ironhide taking his slot?!?

Back to the toy - if I could find any Im getting this and Dreadwing definitely, hope the shops restock soon so we can get it on sale... hopefully.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I just learned something new It should have been Ironhide. I like Bulkhead but he is more suited to Animated than Prime IMO.
    Yeah, I learnt that from the DVD audio commentary. I would've preferred Ironhide too... and I think that kids are smart enough to figure out that the movieverse and Primeverse are separate continuities. We had multiple concurrent continuities when we were kids (toys, comics, cartoon, books etc.) and we coped with that. Oh well... no use crying over spilt milk.

Got him today at Myer for $15 on sale. I voted "Only if" because while this sale price is fine, I'm not fond of the near-$20 RRP for Commanders. Overall it's a neat toy, the G1-esque feel to this toy is nice. But the roof kibble on the forearms are a bit cumbersome and don't seem to tightly lock into place (I find that they're prone to moving out of place during play).

The weapons are cool, a nice nod to Movieverse Ironhide, as is the choice of vehicle mode. Makes me wonder if this is how Ironhide would have looked like in the cartoon if they'd chosen to go ahead with him - a G1/movie hybrid. My gripe about the weapons is that they're kinda hard to clip on on my toy.

The toy also has no unsightly seemingly random transparent bits on it. The windows are transparent, but that's perfectly fine. In that sense he's become my favourite TF Prime Commander Class figure.

He is quite a nice little figure, being a minature version of TFP Seargent Kup. I wish I had held out though as I think I paid near $20 for him and I saw him last weekend on sale at Toyworld for $9