View Poll Results: GEN-15 VOY Cyclonus - worth buying?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 50.00%
  • Only if...

2 12.50%
  • No

4 25.00%
  • Not even interested

2 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Cyclonus (combiner)

I bring you... the head of Galvatron....

I now have the image of Cyclonus playing that head like a bongo
    Last edited by prjkt; 19th May 2015 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Spleling

I can vaguely accept Silverbolt (and he rest of the Aerialbots) being essentially a "boxy robot folded up under an aeroplane" in alt mode, because that's pretty much all they've ever been, but Cyclonus has had some stellar toys that aren't like that at all. So this guy's a disappointment and not something I'm looking at buying.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I did buy CW Cyclonus but I am thinking that I am just going to leave him MISB as I still think the Deluxe version is superior in all areas except for scale.

I will only take it out of the box if we get a CW Scourge

I'm not a fan of his big gun... luckily his Universe counterpart's targetmaster Nightstick fits into his first holes.

After finally getting my hands on one, I liked him more than I thought.

The colour is perfect, he jet mode looks fantastic if you can pretend his arms aren't just half hidden under him and that his hands don't tuck away anywhere either.

His combiner torso is okay, but without some order cons to go with him I am guessing I won't be using him in that format.

He won't replace my generations Cyclonus but he is a fantastic looking robot. Worth getting cheap but don't pay rrp for him.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Finally opened him last night. My thoughts:

Robot mode: Not bad, face is a tad bloated and the body is a bit strong and stocky for Cyclonus but at least he looks big and powerful.

Jet Mode: If it wasn't for the kibble underneath this would be a great jet. As it is his kibble is worse that the original G1 toy. Great from the top, balls from the side and bottom.

Overall: Look, for play value for kids this is a great Cyclonus as he is a big imposing evil purple robot that turns into a futuristic jet and can combine with other robots to form Gestalts which adds a helluva lot of play value. For us GeeWunners this figure pales in comparison comparison to the Deluxe version that came out a few years ago which - except for size - is superior in pretty much every respect and even came with a Targetmaster partner.

I recommend this figure for people who like G1 homages, like creating different Gestalts or missed out on the Deluxe Cyclonus. For everyone else its pretty much a 'if you feel like it' figure.