View Poll Results: GEN-15 Leader Starscream - worth buying?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 50.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • No

1 16.67%
  • Not even interested in it

2 33.33%

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 Leader Starscream

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 Leader Starscream

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted in the pre-existing group review topic here.

Starscream
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco of 2015 Thundercracker
    Wave - 4
    Released here - Not yet (out in Asia AUG)
    Approximate Retail Price - Probably AU$95 (US$45)
    Approximate Size - 25cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Fighter Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Firing Missile
    Main Colours - Off-white, blue, red, black.
    Main Accessories - Four guns, missile, launcher, crown.

Finally grabbed this guy and man oh man, glad I waited!

Pros:
    Size: Maybe it's not cannon, but he just looks much more impressive in leader class than he otherwise would, and I like it
    The Crown: Unique yay, and also a great eye catcher (I haven't even seen the movie so I have no idea where it's from but I still love the idea)
    Colours: Very Starscream; grey unpainted doesn't look bad (some pics/reviews made it seem really gross but in actual fact it looks fine)
    GUNS!: I don't have Jetfire but even so they make him much more imposing, and though the Null Rays could be painted they still work and look great in combination with the other weapons.

Cons:
    Articulation: The massive wing-pack means he doesn't get much backwards arm movement, and even elbow with the massive Null Rays attached (thought with some slight creative license on how they look you can move the guns around to allow for more movement)
    Face: He has no expression! Having the smirk he does on the box art would be much nicer (or even more eyebrows to give him a scowl like the one he has on the Gen Armada version I have on my desk next to me right now)

Overall would say if you wanted a leader seeker or Gen Starscream, this guy is defs worth getting. Now the question is whether I'll get Thundercracker and Skywarp (again, as I already have the Legends class figures...)

This is a very nice looking Starscream. The only thing is it looses a bit of it's punch because the mold has already been used for Jetfire and Thundercracker, so you don't get that same sense of wonder as you may have gotten from the other two.

Robot Mode
    The colour scheme is very good and the robot mode looks big and imposing. The only thing is they used the same stoic face they used for Thundercracker - I would have liked to see a more Screamer'esque face like the magnificent egotistical sneer that is on the box art and trading card. However the crown is a nice addition. I've heard people complaining about different Sscream toys coming with crowns - buggered if I know why because it's not like you have to put it on . Personally I think it helps him look a bit more like he does in the current comics as the ruler of Cybertron as well as being a shout out to the 86' movie.

Jet Mode
    The jet mode is big and imposing and very nice looking, good detail right down to the two visible seats through the opaque cockpit canopy. Only thing is he looks a little bland between the tailfins where the extra boosters went on Jetfire - I reckon they could even have packed an optional box-turret to put there as a shout out to the G2 toy. But he comes with lots of guns under the wings anyway

Transformation
    If you've done any of his mold partners before you don't need the instructions for Screamer. If not or if it's for a kid you may need them but its a good level - enough to keep you interested but not overly onerous.

Overall
    A very nice Starscream toy - but if you already have enough Screamers in your collection he is not a necessity.

I picked him up in the UK in addition to all the others. He's a good Starscream figure, with a lot of G1 styling but at the same time a worthy update. I'm a big fan of the crown. He has quite a bit of nice detail added to him but nonetheless manages to feel a bit cheaper/more toylike than Ultra Magnus. I can't put my finger on exactly why - it might be the Hasbro grey. I would say pick this up if you want a leader class Starscream, or if the crown is important to you (as it was to me).