Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF Hardwired (Keepers Trilogy novels)

It's an interesting take to look at the book as fanfic... but if I'm buying a novel from a book store I expect higher standards than I would from a text file on the Internet. I do believe it was rushed out, the editing problems for instance, and maybe there were some good ideas in it but they got hidden. I did pick up the third book from a remainder bin but I don't think I ever read it.

I would like another TF anthology like Legends which had some good stories and like the Spotlight comics focused on smaller scale events/casts.

I've split these posts out of the All Hail Megatron thread as it was off topic (my fault, I started it )

*nods* Fanfics are just a waste of time... Hardwired is also a waste of money (and a waste of more time because you feel more compelled to read through it since you paid for it - most fanfics I give up on reading after the first chapter )

hmmm. Well I read it (and the first two), I tried hard to get past the editing, and I found the characterisation deep and interesting, totally engaging for me. I was frustrated with the keepers, but in a way that helped me enjoy the climax and conclusion.

apart from that, it was a cool little add on to what DW did.

Legends had some crap little tales, but also had some gems.
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I would like another TF anthology like Legends which had some good stories and like the Spotlight comics focused on smaller scale events/casts.
    Yeah well you got another trilogy at least with Exodus, Exiles & Retribution.

I suggest all of you that whinged about there being no characterization in The Keepers Trilogy read this lot for comparison. At least in TKT the characters are actual characters and have inner monologues, motivations etc etc. With the new trilogy it might as well be Bay with his 'we need an Autobot hatchback here - lets name it Skids' mentality.

Considering the age of this thread I'm not going to ressurect old arguments, but I very much think those that complained about The Keepers Trilogy should read the new trilogy for comparison and then say which is better.

The only instance I'd say the newer trilogy is better is for younger readers like early teens as it's simple enough to be understood and very PG. Of course we have adult males on here that kicked up a fuss about the violence and sex in The Keepers Trilogy. All I can say there is geez - its a book - harden up and grow a pair would ya! It's not that bad, I've read more graphic scenes in books that have been best sellers! There is some gore which even I don't care for but its pretty spaced out, not a constant of the story. As for the sex, it is more referred to rather than actually described physical encounters - I've read more graphic sex scenes in Shatners Star Trek books We are not talking 50 Shades of Autobot here

I got halfway through the first book of the Exodus trilogy before I got bored and put it down. Around when the tense/POV changed to "war coverage" IIRC.

Still doesn't make me want to go back to this trilogy even 10+ years later!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I got halfway through the first book of the Exodus trilogy before I got bored and put it down. Around when the tense/POV changed to "war coverage" IIRC.

Still doesn't make me want to go back to this trilogy even 10+ years later!
    Oh I'm not arguing that because the new trilogy is awful it magically makes the old one great or anything. I'm just saying that a lot of the criticisms levelled at TKT are almost non-existent if you compare the two against each other specifically and it provides some perspective on available TF novels