16 84.21%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • No

3 15.79%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - MP-34 Cheetus/Cheetor

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You can use the real cheetah head for the robot head on this existing MP Cheetus toy.
    Could someone please post a photo of this? I don't own this toy but I've seen it done.
    Nope. You can't.

The chest on the CGI model is a "flattened" cheetah head with the original toy proportion (which wasn't a realistic cheetah in the first place). So it would look too big in cheetah mode. Don't think it'd be physically possible without a fake chest.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You don't need to wait for a retool. You can use the real cheetah head for the robot head on this existing MP Cheetus toy.
    Could someone please post a photo of this? I don't own this toy but I've seen it done.
    It won't work, the faux head is fixed and the entire back section folds down and in to peg into the faux head section:

Or do you mean this?:

I sit corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Or do you mean this?:
    Hahahahahaha! This configuration would look cool on an MP Shadow Panther if they ever made it.

How are you all finding the paint on this guy? I got Cheets and Primal at the same time and both had a few minor paint chips out of the box (on the right shoulder piece for Primal, and some chips on the edge of the right arm guard/cheetah neck for Cheetor) and one minor rub on the faux cheetah face that I think I did myself. Obviously it's more noticeable on Cheetor because of the dark grey plastic underneath the yellow paint.

The paint is gorgeous but the method they're using seems to make it super fragile and there doesn't seem to be any sealant or anything to protect it over the paint itself. It's not a big deal to touch it up, but seems like it could've done with a little more work, especially considering there a few places where pieces can rub against each other during transformation.

I found that issue on Convoy. I don't own Cheetus but didn't notice it on my mate's figure. It seems to be a series of really huge and thin decals that they've applied over the plastic. It's no where near as good as paint ops or actually sculpted details (in Primal's case), but they are going for slavish toon accuracy here where the CG models were pretty smooth with faux-fur and spots "painted" on. The alternative would be air-brushing but I'm guessing that this level of air-brushing might be too expensive. You'll notice that the spots are all in a randomised position rather than a set pattern.

Or do you mean this?:

If they repaint into a Ravage, I will instantly buy. But his head would still need to be removed for transformation unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    If they repaint into a Ravage, I will instantly buy.
    They'd need to wait for an MP Transmetal Cheetor first. That's why I suggested Shadow Panther instead, since that character is a straight up redeco of Cheetor. No retooling necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    But his head would still need to be removed for transformation unfortunately
    ...either way, a show-accurate MP BW Ravage is going to be one hella chunky cassette tape!

Pretty cool toy, looks great with primal. I prefer to remove the beast head completely and store separately in robot mode to prevent any damage to the whiskers.

Paint and pattern applications are superb.

bowspearer Guest

I'm not going to take a picture of what that reminds me of- I'm simply going to point out that I'm reminded of the 1:34 mark on this video: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/robo.../#vZp1mt3fKkqo