7 22.58%
  • Only if cheap or something else

6 19.35%
  • Not interested

4 12.90%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Masterpiece Acid Storm

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    why?.. i like to know your thoughts on this ..
    My wings won't stay clipped in, in bot mode. The plastic feels cheap compared to Sunstorm.

The leg joints are loose, but his tail fins are super tight and almost snapped off when I moved them.

I may have got a dud.

He looks great but mine is by far the worst MP I own.

Wow all this trouble with him. I have had none of these problems with my one. Even the wings stay in. Not my Fave MP but a welcome new seeker

Acidstorm has proven to be far more than just a FLUORESCENT green repaint of the MP Seeker Mk.II mold to me ; the combination of colours chosen & implemented throughout his deco really work well with each other, although he could've done with a touch of yellow somewhere other than his "Macross Missile-Spam Mammaries" - but I don't think it's to his detriment that it's not present.

In the Hursty-verse, the "Rainmakers" have taken on a sort of Mystic-Druidism as a result of their precipitation conjuring abilities, of which separates them from the "Elite Decepticon Air Squadron" of Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker (Who currently holds unknown ties ); hence they're often looked upon with ill-favour & distance by the majority of the Decepticon forces, considered cultists and relegated to the shadows until Megatron is in need of their... Talents.

My only disappointment with Acidstorm is that his eyes look dead; there's no light-piping feature present & as a result they've been painted a shade of green that may as well of been black.
    I'd of much preferred a hue akin to that which majoratively comprises his deco, contrasting with the colours used on the rest of his head & further enforcing that mystical quality that I see in the Rainmakers.

I might go and add said touch-up later but at this point, I'm thoroughly pleased with Hasbro's Masterpiece Acidstorm.

Some photos for your viewing pleasure:

Wow. Very nice. I think I will touch up his eyes with a better green, he does look dead. Needs to be more vibrant like the rest of the figure lol.

Great Photos Hursty, I have to disagree on you with the eyes, your photos make them look hooded, like there are eyes in there somewhere but you just can't see them, if that's not druidic I don't know what is!

I have mine out of the box and should get around to transforming him tonight. the colours are very intense, but somehow I am happy with them in general. i would have preferred a few more detailed paint apps, for example the radome internals and operating lights on teh tail etc. Just small details but it would have taken a bit of the sideshow toy feel out of the colour.

I think the missile pairs are also very bland. Both Horizontal stabilizers popped off on removal from the bubble, they popped back on fine but feel a little loose.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Whoa... the eyes on your Acid Storm look freaky dark! Mine are really bright hurt-your-eyes day-glo green (which works well on the eyes... not so much other parts of the toy).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Whoa... the eyes on your Acid Storm look freaky dark! Mine are really bright hurt-your-eyes day-glo green (which works well on the eyes... not so much other parts of the toy).
    I thought this was the case, judging from most other pics, maybe he got one with unpainted eyes?

Looks like maybe a whole batch may have no eye paint, judging from the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I thought this was the case, judging from most other pics, maybe he got one with unpainted eyes?

Looks like maybe a whole batch may have no eye paint, judging from the comments.
    Missing paint-apps? - That'd be bloody right!

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    My wings won't stay clipped in, in bot mode. The plastic feels cheap compared to Sunstorm.

The leg joints are loose, but his tail fins are super tight and almost snapped off when I moved them.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I have mine out of the box and should get around to transforming him tonight. the colours are very intense, but somehow I am happy with them in general.

I think the missile pairs are also very bland. Both Horizontal stabilizers popped off on removal from the bubble, they popped back on fine but feel a little loose
    Agree with these comments.

One of the wings popped off during transformation but it came back on just fine.

But the stabilizers came off and feel loose when you put them back on. They do pop off easily as well.

Was just afraid I'd break parts off coz it does require a bit of force to transform.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Missing paint-apps? - That'd be bloody right!
    Yet, strangely fitting. At least i think so anyway