View Poll Results: Is Jetfire worth purchasing?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

24 70.59%
  • Only if cheap

6 17.65%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

4 11.76%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review: Generations Leader Jetfire

If it helps, the reprolabels set for this guy cover his hollow forearms, and add metallic red to his wings/cockpit to help match the chrime

I bought the Tak/Tom version as I didn't like the red chrome on the weapons and jetpack, I wanted it all to match like the G1 version.

I really like this guy, the face sculpt is very good and I love the fact that you can have both his jet and robot modes as normal or battle-ready (extra thrusters, weapons, helmet etc). Very cool and very pleased with him!

For anyone thats interested, here is the artwork on the back of the Tak/Tom box. Also comes with a cool little comic of him beating on Generations Tankor while Whirl & Roadbuster watch

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I bought the Tak/Tom version as I didn't like the red chrome on the weapons and jetpack, I wanted it all to match like the G1 version.
    Did the same thing, admittedly the red plastic does look a bit cheap and nasty in my opinion but I still prefer it to the chrome which stands out just a bit too much for my liking.

I was expecting this guy to have a bit of heft and have to admit was disappointed for a couple of seconds while lifting him out of the box. Despite this evident hollowness, he doesn't look gappy and is actually pretty fleshy for a modern toy. A marvel of engineering!

My biggest disappointment with this toy is that the booster/backpack is little more than a dull hunk of plastic, followed by the fact that his wings are locked in bot mode. However this is more than compensated for by the beautiful sculpting and proportions. This is one good looking toy and actually,for the first time in almost an eternity (for me anyway), feels like a real action figure that is near doll-like in quality; instead of the floppy mess of ball joints that was the norm not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Also comes with a cool little comic of him beating on Generations Tankor while Whirl & Roadbuster watch
    ಠ_ಠ

In all seriousness, the things that I wish Hasbro did that Takara put on theirs is the black guntips. They were on the promo pics but didn't make it. The extra red details are nice as well. I still prefer the chrome on the Hasbro though.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Can someone please tell me how tall this guy is in cm?

Up to the top of the fast pack, about 31cm (a little less). Up to the top of the shoulder thruster things, he's about 24cm high.

On a side note, does anyone know why the attachment area on the bottom of the fast pack can rotate?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

you mean why the whole thing rotates? it's so you can have it sticking up the right way in robot mode without having to take the whole thing off and re-attach

Here's another head-to-video duel - it's Classics Jetfire vs. Generations Leader Jetfire - one of the most lauded figures of the 21st century vs. the recent upgrade... I had a lot of fun making this - enjoy!

Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!