View Poll Results: Is Roadblock Worth It?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Well yeah.

6 66.67%
  • Only if it is cheap/discounted

2 22.22%
  • No.

0 0%
  • He should have stayed in Scrapper's/Scoop's Shadow

1 11.11%

Thread: TAV-07 Roadblock

Default TAV-07 Roadblock

Series - Adventure
    Sub-line – None
    Wave: Wave 1 2015
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - Redeco
    Released here – Not being released here
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$30 (in Hong Kong)
    Approximate Size – 13cm
    Allegiance – Decepticons
    Alt-mode – Front payloader
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Target Master
    Main Colours – Pale Green, Purple Black
    Main Accessories – Target Master Partner

Packaging

Nice enough. The artwork of Roadblock is nice enough, other then the retarded mouth. Mostly Japanese stuff on the back I couldn't read but there were some screen shots from RiD/Adventure and some action poses of him and Gregover.

Vehicle Mode
    Definitely the worse mode of Roadblock, mainly because of all of the robot mode parts you can see behind the loader. Also this is the only mode which the scanning symbol is obvious.

Target Master Partner

Meh. The robot mode is lame, but unlike Roadblock he excels in his alternate mode. The gun is very cool, and but the only redeeming feature of him.

Robot Mode
    The best mode on Roadblock. He has a lot of articulation, though his waist/upper body articulation means that his top body flops down occasionally. The lightpiping gimmick is gone. The back of his head still has translucent bogger coloured plastic but he has nice coloured red evil eyes.

Transformation
    Easy, but there is a lot of fiddly slotting.

Size Comparison

Here with fellow replacement combiner limb Offroad (see below).

Re-purposing and Personal Canon
    Since Roadblock has 2 IDW G1 appearances, in which he has no lines, I am going to repurpose Adventure Roadblock into IDW Roadblock.

He is a replacement Limb for the Constructicons, in case another one dies ( -cough- Scrapper -cough- ) and he is the biggest copy-cat in history. Other then his name, he has basically adopted Scrappers identity. He refers to destroyed Autobots 'works of art' and is extremely modest. His target master partner (names? anyone?) acts as a spy, who usually plays the role of 'abandoned Mini-Con'.

Q-C Problems

The peg which Roadblock holds the gun mode with is very, very loose.

9/10, recommended.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I have some photos of this guy online somewhere, will post when I find them.

I got him because I like the Scoop mould, I need more Decepticons, and he's basically Scrapper.

Altmode doesn't hold together as well as as Scoop, especially where the joint between the scoop and cab slots into what was his chest - I think the layer of paint throws off the tolerances a bit.

Kinda disappointed not to see two Targetmasters, or some parts swapping between the moulds, but the colours are pretty sweet.

Overall quite happy with the purchase.

here we go...

Edit: he really looks more vibrant in person. In fact so does Scoop... I guess my camera just can't handle those two :lol:

Good stuff. I really dig the mould hence why I bought Scoop but the colours don't make him "pop" likes Scoop does. I understand the need for more Decepticons, especially non-seeker ones (and non flying things in general).
    Spiderken Away!

Didn't realised that he only came with one Targetmaster partner until I picked him up. Quality/paint on the figure is great for repaint figure without specifically homaging any one character (like character names such as Overload and Fracture, they're just using a trademarked name to slap onto almost anything). No QC issues with mine, in fact the Targetmaster partner's 5mm weapon handle that's wedged between his feet is less floppier than my Generations Scoop.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!