0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Kickback

FatalityPitt Guest

My thoughts about this guy when fiddling with him tonight; SCARY!

When playing with a Transformer for the first time, I'm usually pretty ginger with it, because there's nothing worse than breaking a figure within 2 minutes of opening it. Unfortunately my copy of kickback had VERY tight joints and I had to use an uncomfortable amount of force, especially when rotating the head 180. This usually isn't so bad, but Kickback has some fragile parts, namely the clear plastic wings and antennae. When transforming him, I was thinking to myself "this is a accident waiting to happen". Luckily I haven't broken him.. yet!

Transformation was a little tricky. It took me the longest time to figure out how to turn the robot arms to create the insect abdomen. I think once you figure it out, the arm transformation isn't much different from that of CW Bombshell's. The trick is to move the insect front legs/wing parts in a position that would give you enough clearance, to do what you need with the robot arms to create the abdomen.

The grasshopper mode is surprisingly cute. Which is kinda fitting given that Kickback is generally portrayed as a charming creature in most fiction. I would even display him in beast mode. Robot mode is also pretty cool-looking, though I think the wings look better when pointed downwards to look like a cape - but that's just my personal preference.

I think the low points of the figure are the fragile parts and tricky Transformation. But once you manage to figure him out without breaking him, he's great. He's a lot of fun and he looks good in both modes (though I think I like the grasshopper mode better).

I think if I were to give Kickback to someone (especially a child) as a gift, I'd probably give that person CW Bombshell first - not as fragile and the transformation is somewhat easier.

EDIT: One thing that cracks me up - mistransforming the head (by leaving the bug head down) to create a grasshopper with a human face. Looks hilarious
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 25th June 2017 at 12:34 AM.