Page 122 of 152 FirstFirst ... 102112117118119120121122123124125126127132142 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1520

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Aussies (NRL) were definately at their weakest in years. I hope some realise that when you get picked in a great team it can be too easy to think you are a great player. And to be fair they should get better as they adjust to this playing roster but to face England next weekend.. *gulp*

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Sadly the naysayers regarding soccer will always have plenty of ammunition when you have these ACL games showing that diving, acting and the general spooking and complaining is so rampant in the highly (over) paid leagues like China, UAE, Japan etc. I was disgusted by the diving and then the whinging from Al Hilal who got the better rub of the game by far. Touching a ref should be an instant red card.
    Even how players swarm the ref at the big decisions so he must keep moving away from them grinds me no end. I'd rather refs could speak with captains and everbody else get out of their face or risk getting dealt with as well.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

You can try to buy a championship, but you cannot buy class.

Al Hilal dove all over the place, niggled better than they got, pushed officials, headbutted and nearly ruined the post match and showed themselves to be pampered spoilt prats. Sure there were some awful calls against them, but they have only themselves and their inflated egos to blame.

Covic a deserving man of the match and tournament. How he isn't blind after the amount of laser beams he had pointed at him is beyond me.

Who would have thought 3 years ago that the Wanderers would be Champions of Asia? They've beaten the best (and the nastiest) across Asia with bugger all funding, some absolutely horrendous behaviour by opponent nations (especially in China) and the loss of nearly half their squad between the rounds and finals.

Now hopefully they can get back into form in the A-League!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Just looking for a funny meme of Colin Kaepernick before I post in here
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Ahhh... was waiting for you to pipe up You like pictures? Here's a picture for you...

This was ruled a catch. His knee is down (equals two feet) with the ball breaking the plane of the goal line as clearly seen above. It was NOT however ruled a touchdown. Explain that one away

Oh, and don't get me started on the non-Safety call and Kap's QB sneak at the end of the game (yes, the nose of the ball broke the line before it came loose hence that is also a TD by definition). That's 16 points right there but yeah... good win to your team
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

So... the Rams beat the Broncos today with their third string QB. Nothing is real anymore

(Congrats B )

In other news, my 9ers are back in the thick of the playoff hunt tied with the Seachickens for second place in the division
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So... the Rams beat the Broncos today with their third string QB. Nothing is real anymore

(Congrats B )

In other news, my 9ers are back in the thick of the playoff hunt tied with the Seachickens for second place in the division
    Thank you. Having beaten the two teams who played in last years Superbowl we will just take the trophy now thank you (That's the way it works right???? )

I suspect neigh expect you NFLers already have one of these sweaters.. http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...8&qid=14121095

They make me want to pick a team!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Not a sweater person I did receive this last week, although it's supposed to be a birthday pressie for me next month.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not a sweater person I did receive this last week, although it's supposed to be a birthday pressie for me next month.
    That is pretty sweet. I done have much in the way of merch. Just a Kurt Warner replica jersey.