Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031 LastLast

Thread: TFA/Animated Comments thread

If anyone is still looking for grey Animated Shockwave and Skywarp, this isn't a bad price ($75AU shipped for both of them), and possibly even better if you're buying multiple items to save on shipping: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...45&mode=retail

I got Leader Megatron yesterday. I'd fancied picking it up for a while, but the price was a major deterrant (I may spend money on toys at this age, but I have limits). Then Target marked Animated Leaders down to $35, and so I went and got him for a post-HSC present.

Holy crap, he is awesome. He really looks like an evil leader thanks to the stylisation. The helicopter mode is even more evil-looking, and is suitably huge (even more so than the vehicle mode of Ultra Magnus).

One thing I found out was that his vehicle mode sounds work like those of Universe Onslaught, in that holding down the button keeps the flying chopper sounds going in a loop until you let go, upon which the sound goes to the powering down sound and then stops.

TFA Megs is great. The rotor blades gearing is elegant

Just picked up samurai prowl in my bikeformer quest. This is my first animated purchase and sad to say probably my last. The hip joints are horribly loose, I don't like how he wears the helmet like he's permanently recieving it from the M.A.S.K crusader deployment table, the weapon is kinda rubbish and things pop off ball joints like theres no tomorrow.

Yes the idea probably looked great on a 3D drawing board but it fails in execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Just picked up samurai prowl in my bikeformer quest. This is my first animated purchase and sad to say probably my last. The hip joints are horribly loose, I don't like how he wears the helmet like he's permanently recieving it from the M.A.S.K crusader deployment table, the weapon is kinda rubbish and things pop off ball joints like theres no tomorrow.

Yes the idea probably looked great on a 3D drawing board but it fails in execution.
    yeah the armor is a fail when being played with, it looks alright display wise but thats it. It actually better to get the first version as that one you can really play with and the joints are not a frequent pop out, well mine doesnt. So are you getting Oilslick as well? He's a bike too.... he fits well with the dreadnoks theme... if your into Gi Joes as well
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

markwough Guest

My 5 year old nephew loves these transformers. They are a little more complicated to transform, but after about 2 hours he was doing so on his own. The hip shields do not want to stay on very well which is really the only problem we found with the design. The parts are very small so for a very young child they may not be a good choice. Overall they are worth the price. My nephew has many transformers and he says these are his "best favourites". He really liked the idea of getting six transformer options in one package. Can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So are you getting Oilslick as well? He's a bike too.... he fits well with the dreadnoks theme... if your into Gi Joes as well
    I'll grab oilslick if I can find him cheap. Since animated toys are relatively recent and somewhat dissapointing I'm not going to be in a hurry for him.

On another note I got Swindle for my 8yo cousin. He seems a lot more solid than prowly but there was a bit of irrational spalling of the forarm/hood pieces. I have to say modern transformers are pretty good training for children. I could hear the neurons interfacing in his brain.

Got Leader Magnus today thanks to Liege Prime. I knew that the toy was pretty good compared to general leader standards but he is actually a very good toy on his own, he is actually rather impressive. I wouldn't say that he was $100 impressive but he certainly excels within the $20 price range

Seriously the toy is very good with a nice and complex yet satisfying transformation. His gimmicks are peripheral to the toy design and therefore compliment it rather than get in the way of it. The none firing pop up canons add to the play value and its highly poseable.

The armored truck mode is of a rectangular shape which is a good contrast to the stylized robot mode. Although the robot mode is very bulky by Animated standards, it generally lacks kibble aside from his shoulders which is very unusual.

The only bad point to this design is the shoulders, they are rather awkward looking and very hard transform due to the stiff inner double hinges which a kid would certainly struggle with even if he knew the correct sequence.

I was rather disappointed that an Activator version of this character was not released (I generally only collect Animated Activators) but since the price of this toy fell so much that it was almost like the price of an Activator that I decided to buy him and glad I did
    Last edited by kup; 21st February 2010 at 08:40 PM.

I like Ultra Magnus, but I feel that the robot mode arms could really have been improved. The shoulders just look weird in any position other than with the arms down.

The armoured carrier mode is win, though. Guns on guns on guns, and they're fun guns, because they pop out from different places and make him look like a vehicle from Thunderbirds.

How has this happened? Despite me not at all liking the design for Bulkhead I ended up with both the Voyager, and today the Leader, class of that character.

I guess half price may have helped somewhat.