Page 98 of 120 FirstFirst ... 788893949596979899100101102103108118 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Please explain?

All the points on his bird head that fall apart. Like the jaw and bit on top of his head. Drilled them out and inserted a metal pin to hold it all together. Like what Hasbro should have done. Did the same with studio series Bees roof hinges.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    All the points on his bird head that fall apart. Like the jaw and bit on top of his head. Drilled them out and inserted a metal pin to hold it all together. Like what Hasbro should have done. Did the same with studio series Bees roof hinges.
    I wish I was that handy, but I'd just end up destroying toys if I tried to mod them.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Wow nice work.

A bit too involved for my ability, but Cutthroats beak is the only negative in all of the Terrorcons for me.

Nobody knows the identity of the Hasbro staffer who attended the 1983 Tokyo Toy Show by him/herself other than this person being from one of Hasbro's European branches. It was this person who saw Takara's Diaclone and Micro Change toys, and then had the idea that Hasbro could release these products to the West. S/he would've subsequently contacted Hasbro USA and forwarded his/her ideas/suggestions to them, and the rest is history.

Man, I would love to know who this person is, because the Transformers would likely not even exist if not for him/her! Whoever you are, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nobody knows the identity of the Hasbro staffer who attended the 1983 Tokyo Toy Show by him/herself other than this person being from one of Hasbro's European branches. It was this person who saw Takara's Diaclone and Micro Change toys, and then had the idea that Hasbro could release these products to the West. S/he would've subsequently contacted Hasbro USA and forwarded his/her ideas/suggestions to them, and the rest is history.

Man, I would love to know who this person is, because the Transformers would likely not even exist if not for him/her! Whoever you are, I salute you!
    I always thought is was a Hasbro US person. that makes the story even more interesting.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I always thought is was a Hasbro US person. that makes the story even more interesting.
    Are you and Gok thinking about Henry Orenstein? If you liked The Toy That Made Us then this is a fascinating read..
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....535517%3famp=1

Also.. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Henry_Orenstein
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Are you and Gok thinking about Henry Orenstein? If you liked The Toy That Made Us then this is a fascinating read..
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....535517%3famp=1

Also.. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Henry_Orenstein
    That really is a fascinating read. I love little gems like these! Thanks for sharing

I guess that's him. we always hear of the Hasbro employee that went to the toy expo in Tokyo and saw the transformers and brought the idea back to Hasbro.

It could be the same guy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Watching the Energon cartoon with my son and they showed a black and white image from Rodimus’ past. It clearly showed him surrounded by G1 Bumblebee, Gears, Ratchet, Ironhide and a bunch of others.

Never noticed that scene before - pretty cool Easter Egg