Thread: another dodgy seller

Default another dodgy seller

Maybe this should be in the venting thread, but it is ebay-related.
    I won a Megatron bust on ebay on July 14 and paid on the 15th.
    Since then I have heard nothing from the seller: no updates on the item, no emails...
    I have reported "item not received" to ebay and have to wait 10 days for the seller to respond.
    I also requested the seller's contact info, rang the number listed and got someone who told me it was the wrong number.
    So it's beginning to look like I've been screwed out of $75.
    The seller sold another bust at the same time as mine, but because of ebay's new rules I can't contact that buyer to ask if they have had any problems.
    I had paid by bank deposit - I try not to use paypal so I don't have to pay interest on my credit card - and I don't think ebay offers protection under that like it does with paypal.

Anyone got any suggestions?

And the seller's ID is muftak78. If anyone knows him, ask what's going on.

you really cant shop on ebay without paypal - thats how they made it.

the only thing you can do is talk to your bank but they also give little hope.

I used to always try and use direct deposit on ebay to avoid fees for both the seller and buyer but I've been ripped off a few times in the last year so now it's paypal only. You can link your paypal to regular bank account, it doesn't have to be through a credit card.

I'd still recommend funding it from your credit card which offers much better protection than Paypal (No item, no money - simple). All credit cards offer 44 day or so interest free periods, so just manually transfer from your bank to your credit card before or after and give yourself better protection.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I'd still recommend funding it from your credit card which offers much better protection than Paypal (No item, no money - simple). All credit cards offer 44 day or so interest free periods, so just manually transfer from your bank to your credit card before or after and give yourself better protection.
    That's the way we go. We got 65 days Interest free I think. So at least it is a bit more of a safety net for those that get scammed of their money.

Always always use Paypal if you must buy from e-Bay, that way if you paid via Paypal and u get no item - raise a dispute if no responses from seller and you provided enough backup evidence and description Paypal will refund you the money.

I've had this work for me in that occasion - the seller was just lazy answering e-mails and he did actually send the item so I simply paid him back when the item got to me!

Update:

Typical. The day after I leave negative feedback (a month after I paid), the item arrives with a bonus... an Optimus bust
    Now I feel kinda guilty.... still, it all could have been avoided if the seller answered his emails

Oh no. That sucks. Hopefully, he'll reply and you can reply to that.