Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Grand Scourge: Grand Scourge is based on Black Convoy from Car Robots
    Actually he is a character from the Energon/SuperLink series (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grand_Scourge). It would be best to combine him with figures that closely match the 4 drones he combines with (it would be super sweet if Takara did officially made the repaints).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Actually he is a character from the Energon/SuperLink series (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Grand_Scourge). It would be best to combine him with figures that closely match the 4 drones he combines with (it would be super sweet if Takara did officially made the repaints).
    Car Robots Black Convoy, while not the first black repaint of Optimus Prime or a Convoy, was the first to play a central role as part of the main fiction (the CR cartoon)' and was the first Decepticon repaint of a toy previously released as Optimus Prime (as far as I am aware). He was also the first such toy to be named Scourge, in the Western adaptation of Car Robots as Robots In Disguise. He was followed by Armada Nemesis Prime, which was named Scourge in Japan. Grand Scourge was a model kit which extended the concept to Energon Optimus Prime, and that's what the Combiner Wars release is based on.

Thus, Grand Scourge IS based on Black Convoy, and the Combaticon idea has a solid foundation in the history of the brand.
    Last edited by Zommael; 29th July 2015 at 08:43 PM.

Ok, I see the link you are making. Personally I see Grand Scourge remaining a separate character to Scourge until they make a back story linking them (e.g. how did he become ‘Grand’? Or is he a puppetmaster of many Scourgii?). The TFWiki link above mentions that Grand Scourge is a separate entity in his new eHobby bio but the article did not provide proof of this either. Oh well.

By the same token i think CW Onslaught would make a better torso for Ruination but still I am all for more combiner limbs so bring them all I say.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Ok, I see the link you are making. Personally I see Grand Scourge remaining a separate character to Scourge until they make a back story linking them (e.g. how did he become ‘Grand’? Or is he a puppetmaster of many Scourgii?). The TFWiki link above mentions that Grand Scourge is a separate entity in his new eHobby bio but the article did not provide proof of this either. Oh well.

By the same token i think CW Onslaught would make a better torso for Ruination but still I am all for more combiner limbs so bring them all I say.
    They're separate characters, but only in the same way that Movie Optimus Prime and G1 Optimus Prime are. One is clearly inspired by the other. That's what I'm getting at, plus the fact that there aren't really limbs that work for an Energon Optimus mode at present, other than the helicopter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    there aren't really limbs that work for an Energon Optimus mode at present, other than the helicopter.
    What might work down the line: Take the helicopter blades off for the submarine, replace the claw arm with a ladder on Rook for the fire engine. And when they do Nosecone for the Technobots recolour him for the drill tank

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    What might work down the line: Take the helicopter blades off for the submarine, replace the claw arm with a ladder on Rook for the fire engine. And when they do Nosecone for the Technobots recolour him for the drill tank
    I'd almost be surprised if this isn't released as a boxed set one day - maybe with a gold/yellow repaint of Blackjack as Sparkplug for more homage-y goodness. But I have my doubts about whether we will actually get the Technobots. *wanders off grumbling about Betatron and Bruticus*

How far does everyone thing Combiner Wars will go?
    How many more waves of toys will there be?
    As im secretly hoping they release Computron *hopes*

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    With Scattershot having been shown they probably will

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    I am hoping for the beast combiners - Predaking and Abominus atleast, Monstructor and Prianacon would be a bonus as they both had 6 figures.

I'd say Computron will come. The Betatron thing is kind of obvious, it being a "work in progress" or whatever they said.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust