Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6878838485868788899091929398108 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Reading up on the plot synopsis, there is a big subplot involving Hasbro in the film, relating to the "toy" of Ted... fascinating. I think I'll have to see this movie now.
    We've discussed this in the Sightings in Media thread. There's quite a lot of Hasbro product placement - with plenty of Tfs - even though Hasbro is kind of the villain!

(It's not a bad movie either although the first is better!)

I only recently Googled "WTB." Didn't know what it meant before.

Only just now realised that the TR Topsin collector card has the misspelling of "Autbot Topspin" lol

Recently discovered that TLK Voyager Megatron and Nitro have 3mm ports that allow a 3mm flight stand (e.g. MP Tracks' stand) to support them. Just discovered one on TR Metalhawk (which means that TR Triggerhappy probably has one too) and TR Pounce! Someone told me that this has been fairly common on toys for the last couple of years!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Recently discovered that TLK Voyager Megatron and Nitro have 3mm ports that allow a 3mm flight stand (e.g. MP Tracks' stand) to support them.... snip
    Dude, you hurt my feelings. I mentioned that in my comments on the TLK Megs Review thread, and now I know you didnt read it... *sniff*
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I just realised that it's meant to be a dot point list. I thought it was a really badly put together paragraph, so uh... I skipped past it. I suggest that you actually use bullet points or even the board's [ list ][ /list ] tags (without the spaces) to make it clearer to read (example below).

Anyway, something else that I noticed before but then totally forgot about it but just noticed again -- the Last Knight Premier Edition figures have what appear to be Functions (or maybe just whacky character descriptions, but I'm treating them Functions ). They're on the side flap of the boxes.

e.g.
    • Optimus Prime (Voyager) = Earth's Greatest Protector

• Berserker = Raging Destroyer

• Barricade = Sinister Trickster

• Nitro Zeus = Lethal Hunter

• Hot Rod = Brash Warrior

• Megatron (Voyager) = Merciless Tyrant

• Sqweeks = Autobot Amigo

They are pretty lame Functions, but not as lame as Robots In Disguise! Cos RiD Bruticus' Function is Predacon Dog.

I've been pronouncing Paul Eiding's surname incorrectly for over 30 years.
    I've been mispronouncing it as "Eeding," but it's "Eye-ding." Or "Ei" as in Einstein (not "Eensteen").

Apparently all Titans Return Kup (and JP Chaar) toys have a part wrongly assembled on them, and no one noticed... because it doesn't affect the transformation or look too out of place.
    The part on the inside of each lower leg, is apparently on the wrong legs, as the two "panels" on that part are not the same size, so the line between them doesn't line up with the one on the adjoining part.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Apparently all Titans Return Kup (and JP Chaar) toys have a part wrongly assembled on them, and no one noticed... because it doesn't affect the transformation or look too out of place.
    The part on the inside of each lower leg, is apparently on the wrong legs, as the two "panels" on that part are not the same size, so the line between them doesn't line up with the one on the adjoining part.
    I checked last night and it's on the Orion Pax as well.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Bumblebee's always had horns. In this Bumblebee head, bust his head looks comparatively bigger compared with Prime's - eyes are a few mm/cm higher, and his head/helmet is wider. This is obviously not to scale, however the comparison next to Prime makes his head more imposing.

The imposing head, in yellow, with horns, gives off a strong Unicron vibe to me. Maybe Bumblebee is actually a sleeper Acolyte of Unicron*?!

* Note: Wayyy behind in the IDW comics, so if it's has already happened, then that's just awesome!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!