Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official JP images - Fort Max, FOC Bruticus & others, Masterpiece

Oh man, those MP Cassettes are so absurdly well executed... I seriously think my optics may leak once I've got them in-hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Oh man, those MP Cassettes are so absurdly well executed... I seriously think my optics may leak once I've got them in-hand.
    I know right? I was thinking, maybe I should cancel my MP Soundwave. This hobby is getting a bit too expensive.

And then I looked at those cassettes.

Hmm, maybe I will just cancel the Prime and regular figures instead....

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I know right? I was thinking, maybe I should cancel my MP Soundwave. This hobby is getting a bit too expensive.

And then I looked at those cassettes.

Hmm, maybe I will just cancel the Prime and regular figures instead....
    Cancelling Soundwave!?! - I wont have that sort of talk round here buddy!

In all seriousness though, having an MP Soundwave along with his MP Mini-Cassette minions along with him is something no one should miss out on; this is what the Masterpiece line can achieve with direction & supporting it could yield some truly magnificent pieces, so do your part people and satiate that hunger for a little piece Superiority!

Any mention of an MP Blaster and his minions later on down the track?

The MP's look pretty decent.

The FOC toys are nicely painted, but there's only so much that can be done for some of the moulds, still not thrilled by them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Any mention of an MP Blaster and his minions later on down the track?
    Not as of yet, but the precedent has been set with the existence of Soundwave & Co and it would be entirely baffling to think that Takara wouldn't capitalise on such a prospect as a "vs. battle" between 2 relative scaled Masterpiece "Cassette/Radio Robos" - If you know what I mean.

The first two FOC toys (Optimus & Jazz) are priced at about 3000yen, which is about AU$37... each! (an increase of about 50% on the Arms Micron Deluxe retail price, which are only 2000yen)

As much as I want to get these shiny JP versions, it's gonna end up costing about $45-50 each (shipped, varying on how many can be bought at once)... and the Voyagers are likely to be double that, based on the price difference in other JP lines.

Wow, that's a significant price hike. Although most Japanese retail will probably got to 2200 yen, that is still higher than a lot of other toys (which are more popular) in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The first two FOC toys (Optimus & Jazz) are priced at about 3000yen, which is about AU$37... each! (an increase of about 50% on the Arms Micron Deluxe retail price, which are only 2000yen)

As much as I want to get these shiny JP versions, it's gonna end up costing about $45-50 each (shipped, varying on how many can be bought at once)... and the Voyagers are likely to be double that, based on the price difference in other JP lines.
    Has it been confirmed that the Takara FoC line will be brightly colored/painted? Might explain the higher cost...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

For what it's worth...Standard TF pricing here is between ¥2400 to ¥2800 on release (i.e. different toys have different prices, unlike Oz where it's consistent across size class) for deluxes, and ¥3500 to ¥3800 (sometime going as high as ¥4200 ) for Voyagers on release. Usually after a few weeks the price will then drop by a few hundred yen (¥200-¥500 odd) for while, until they get put on clearance and (if you're lucky) you can pick them up for a song.