Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Any money says half or more of the 40 new Generations toys are at sizepoints no one really cares about, like Legends or Cyberverse or whatever they're called now
    Wouldn't anybody with common sense take you up on that bet, since Generations toys are, by definition, Deluxe-sized.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Wouldn't anybody with common sense take you up on that bet, since Generations toys are, by definition, Deluxe-sized.
    With Hasbro you never know. It's not unheard of for them to say one thing and then do another.

Sometimes this works in our favor as we are finally getting proper combiners after they said they would not make them.

Bruticus horrible colors confirmed:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...s-image/23988/

Why did they go with this?

Colours for vortex/brawl definitely not very good choices IMO, but that pic of the transformation does make him look much better!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Bruticus horrible colors confirmed:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...s-image/23988/

Why did they go with this?
    Bruticus as a whole isn't horrible in colors, it's just his green. The green is way too-bright, needs to be a bit darker and it'd look a WHOLE lot better.

Wow. It's amazing how Bruticus has gone from:

YESSS!!!!

to

YEP!

to

ALRIGHT...

to

MAYBE...?

to

WAIT, WHAT THE F*** IS THAT S**T?

All in the space of a couple of weeks. The colouring doesn't completely ruin it for me, but the MASSIVE emptiness from behind sure does. I don't know...I might still pick them up, but only if I can get them cheap from somewhere.

The hints of 40+ generations figs plus a possible Voyager Predaking are exciting, however.
    Last edited by griffin; 14th February 2012 at 12:40 AM.

Other little things I like are the design for Prime's Ironhide. It's a great mix of G1 and Movie, and hopefully a deluxe toy does it justice enough that it may even possibly replace the crappy Classics Ironhide we have at the moment (one can only hope...).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Wow. It's amazing how Bruticus has gone from:

YESSS!!!!

to

YEP!

to

ALRIGHT...

to

MAYBE...?

to

WAIT, WHAT THE F*** IS THAT S**T?

All in the space of a couple of weeks. The colouring doesn't completely ruin it for me, but the MASSIVE emptiness from behind sure does. I don't know...I might still pick them up, but only if I can get them cheap from somewhere.

The hints of 40+ generations figs plus a possible Voyager Predaking are exciting, however.
    It just shows that you can't rely on Hasbro for the proper combiner experience. Everything is not lost though, a Japanese release with better colors may bring a huge improvement and I am positive that a 3rd party will come out with a kick ass upgrade kit. Wouldn't surprise me if they replace Onslaught with a Voyager class figure to fix the proportions and add lots of accessories to cement the game character model look.

Like it's often the case, Hasbro's failing is the 3rd parties gain.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It just shows that you can't rely on Hasbro for the proper combiner experience. Everything is not lost though, a Japanese release with better colors may bring a huge improvement and I am positive that a 3rd party will come out with a kick ass upgrade kit. Wouldn't surprise me if they replace Onslaught with a Voyager class figure to fix the proportions and add lots of accessories to cement the game character model look.

Like it's often the case, Hasbro's failing is the 3rd parties gain.
    Tis a shame. To be fair, from a kid's point of view, this is still a massive improvement over Supreme Devastator and the PCC line. And while it may have been better to do Onslaught as a Voyager, how would he be sold? You couldn't have one Voyager in a wave by itself, so they'd have to do others. Maybe Grimlock could work as a Voyager but it's a tough proposition. The obvious way to do it was to do it as a giftset and not as separate toys, but anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Tis a shame. To be fair, from a kid's point of view, this is still a massive improvement over Supreme Devastator and the PCC line. And while it may have been better to do Onslaught as a Voyager, how would he be sold? You couldn't have one Voyager in a wave by itself, so they'd have to do others. Maybe Grimlock could work as a Voyager but it's a tough proposition. The obvious way to do it was to do it as a giftset and not as separate toys, but anyway.
    Yeah it is an improvement from Hasbro's recent history but it is hardly an achievement. Hasbro has done combiners much better in the past and the technology and toy design advancement clearly exists. Hasbro just decided to ignore it for some reason use PCCs as their design platform.