Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 253540414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

It looks like the new MP Optimus/Convoy will be released through Diamond/Previews (as well as Entertainment Earth I think), in the first week of September, for..... US$450 !!!
    As with most toys through Diamond, this might only be for domestic US comic stores, which means we might not see it available through comic stores here... but at that price (about AU$650), who would want to?

From Hasbro Toy Group. Making a third appearance into the Transformers Masterpiece line is the brave leader of the Autobots, Optimus Prime. This version of Optimus will feature a more cartoon accurate styling. Set includes: Optimus‘ Trailer, Rifle, Energy axe, Jet pack, Rover (Rollar), 2 Energy spikes, 3 Heads, Matrix of Leadership, Starscream’s shoulder pieces, Battle damaged piece, and an Energon pump with hose and nozzle. In Shops: Sep 04, 2019 SRP: $450.00
    People who buy those really expensive licensed statues and non-convertible figures that are highly poseable, would be who this is aimed at. At this price, this is not a playable toy... it is essentially a poseable statue, with the ability to transform basically being a bonus.

Just to put that US retail price in perspective, the Generations Titans Fort Max, Trypticon and Devastator were all US$150 each.... which means this one toy will cost the same as three Titan size figures (three Fort Max toys will equal the cost of a toy that is Leader class size, with a hollow box trailer).

There is no way this toy will come here... not if we would be seeing a retail price here that is about AU$800-900 (based on US prices being about half our prices). If we did see it here, I think it would end up being special import stores that stock those expensive licensed statues (selling it for about a grand), like Zing or the bigger Toyworld stores.

Soundwaves Oblivion has translated the 2019 Generations Guidebook article on Convoy for all of us that don't speak Japanese.

Beware transformation spoilers.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...slation/42833/

Also, the word from the American fan sites, is that this "US" release is just an import of the Japanese toy, so it is being claimed that the voice chip will still be the Japanese one... but I would expect some sort of repacking or stickering of the Japanese box, as it will be called Convoy in Japan, but would need to be called Optimus Prime in America.
    (I haven't found a reliable source of this claim yet, so for now, it could be either an import, or a separate US version.)

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Soundwaves Oblivion has translated the 2019 Generations Guidebook article on Convoy for all of us that don't speak Japanese.

Beware transformation spoilers.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...slation/42833/
    Gawd Demit. Stop being so pretty MP44.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

English voice chip will only come from 3p

You can dream on for hasbro as they didn’t touch Megatron. Plus with the on going mpm releases. This is definitely not on the cards as hasbro priority. Expect nothing from hasbro as they have left the masterpiece g1 scene.

Ask yourself what was the last hasbro masterpiece g1? How many tt release and hasbro has done zip?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    You can dream on for hasbro as they didn’t touch Megatron.
    Hasbro would never touch Megatron, being a gunformer and all. But they have done their own versions of MP-1 and MP-10, so there is precedent for Primes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Not nearly as ridiculous as the Wal Mart G1 Optimus Prime reissue that's just the cab robot for US$50 (especially considering that Encore Convoy sold for nearly the same price with everything).
    It's perfectly normal for reissues to be unreasonably overpriced. I recall when the Reissue/encore toys got to TRU here I passed on Grapple at TRU because he was $75. Back whenever that was a thing, maybe 15 years ago. The parts count between that and Prime can't be too dissimilar. I'm not saying that US$50 for the Prime reissue without a trailer is a good price, I'm just saying it's not a surprise. I'm sure they price these reissues at a high profit margin so they can then make high profits early and then discount them to clear and still make some profit.

The parts count on this MP prime is going to be very high, much like dinobot, sure that's where a lot of the manufacturing expense comes from. But the whole point of manufacturing product like this is to amortise production and design cost over many units. Perhaps in this specific case they are expecting to sell less anyway because it is the 3rd version of a prime. (4th if you include MP-04) and so they are pricing accordingly.

It looks amazing, and has some great accessories that I might use once or twice. But I have 3 MP primes, for this money I can buy so many other transformers. If they make a 'toy' version with more highlight on realistic truck details, and how they would translate in the bot mode, and it's competitively cheaper than this version and I have the money at the time, I'll most likely get it.

It's beautiful, and the engineering has me really fascinated. but no.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Hasbro would never touch Megatron, being a gunformer and all. But they have done their own versions of MP-1 and MP-10, so there is precedent for Primes.
    It’s just not that, they not even touching what skywarp thundercracker,inferno, grapple. Sunstreaker, ironhide, and ratchet.

I going to just say it, is not happening in any time soon.

And so they shouldnt, because apart from when the dollar was on parity, MP prices in store have been stupid expensive. Why would people pay more for the same thing, since this Global Unification business?

I want to say they've learnt their lesson, but then there is word of an MP44 US release coming in at inflated prices. Have fun with those shelf warmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    And so they shouldnt, because apart from when the dollar was on parity, MP prices in store have been stupid expensive. Why would people pay more for the same thing, since this Global Unification business?

I want to say they've learnt their lesson, but then there is word of an MP44 US release coming in at inflated prices. Have fun with those shelf warmers.
    I heard the reports saying is just an imported version of TT I think.