Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buying directly from taobao.com by yourself or through me

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    Yep had this happen on many products when I tried to buy since few months ago and had a few major stores on Taobao help check out from their end as well, it's a taobao issue as long as your trying to to send certain TF 3P brands overseas to countries like AU, when you buy item on the confirmation page you'll see item restricted from sending to your country warning and option to commit purchase is grey out

The wechat sort out other shipping is option but can ends up costing too much, as the shipping rate shops/sellers can use is a lot more $ than the reship fee taobao offers so it could end up more expensive or just the same as buying from other online stores

I've been buying from Tao for years so all those options changes etc been there done that . It was more flexible few years ago but nowadays it's a lot more restricted
    You are right. I know what happened now. The sellers know better than those toy makers. Hasbro asked taobao to block some of the items from sending overseas containing certain key words, maybe more than just FT MT UT etc. But it can be easily bypassed by asking the seller to change the item name from "FT transformer shockwave (for example)" to "Aussie Michael's toy". Solved.

However you can only do that if you know/trust the sellers very very well. Because once the name changed, your record cannot be used as a contractual evidence of your purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by langzixinxin View Post
    You are right. I know what happened now. The sellers know better than those toy makers. Hasbro asked taobao to block some of the items from sending overseas containing certain key words, maybe more than just FT MT UT etc. But it can be easily bypassed by asking the seller to change the item name from "FT transformer shockwave (for example)" to "Aussie Michael's toy". Solved.

However you can only do that if you know/trust the sellers very very well. Because once the name changed, your record cannot be used as a contractual evidence of your purchase.
    yep i have been working around it for a while ;-) it is still a hassle tho.

And obviously its not something anyone can just do, esp a new customer to tao shopping and most importantly would be a lot harder for non Chinese speaker/typer etc