Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: February Finds

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Congrats Liege!
    Very glad to hear you're close to completing your Titanbooks - TPBs man , I too am only 1 off completing my HC versions (The 2nd G2 one ) but then I need to get the UK Dinobots SC also, I might look at getting the Black & White ones after that but they're not too high of a priority really.

They'd be putting together TPBs of the ongoings wouldn't they?, I think I might just go after those rather than trying to obtain each individual issue; I'll be grabbing each and every copy of the Marvel continuation though and likely the TPB too!
    If you mean the current IDW material - Yeah, they collect it in trade. IDW really has an emphasis on collected editions, so everything gets collected, usually multiple times. If you're after info on the IDW stuff, I'm more than happy to help Or ask Arcee. I think she passed the crash course.

If you mean the Marvel stuff - IDW has sorta done it (had to skip the Marvel issues containing marvel characters) and are doing them again (with those issues re-inserted) but the colouring is.....well, it's not for everyone. Some people strongly prefer the Titan tpbs. I personally have both, and I like the matte paper on IDW better, but the colour reproduction on Titan more, so I don't really know how that balances out? At the moment, I'm giving the IDW reprints a fair go, and reading the first volume of US (They're also doing the UK material in Classics too. Some stuff Titan never did, which is great).

I can't wait for Earthforce at full size, colour be damned. (Hopefully they'll leave them black and white, but who knows. That's a way off, anyway).

I just opened my new RTS lugnut and straight out of the box, one of the legs came off! There's a screw holding the leg to the knee at a purple tab on the inside and it's either stripped or was never screwed in . I've heard of this happening before though, and apparently even if the screw hole is stripped you can use superglue to fix it good as new. Still kinda annoying though.

I'll post pics when he comes out of the CR chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I just opened my new RTS lugnut and straight out of the box, one of the legs came off! There's a screw holding the leg to the knee at a purple tab on the inside and it's either stripped or was never screwed in . I've heard of this happening before though, and apparently even if the screw hole is stripped you can use superglue to fix it good as new. Still kinda annoying though.
    Refund/exchange time!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Refund/exchange time!
    It came off of eBay, so for the effort/time it would take me to glue the leg vs organize a return I'll just glue it. I can rebuild him, stronger, faster! And considering how flimsy the stock leg pieces are for a fig that size I think he'd genuinely be better with the reinforced glue.

I use a resin glue. It's thicker than honey and looks like candle wax once it's set but it's hella strong.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Refund/exchange time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    It came off of eBay, so for the effort/time it would take me to glue the leg vs organize a return I'll just glue it.
    I think the lesson here is never open them. Ignorance is bliss
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Damn straight.......just dont tell Goki

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Nah, I don't play with mine as much as Goki seems to but sometimes I do take them off the shelves when my other half isn't home

*makes laser and ka-pow noises*

The lesson is to buy your toys from regular stores where they can easily service refunds and exchanges! (although I know that Grappel was an absolute beeotch to find in stores here )

Play more... play lots!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Second time in two days I've seen Aussie collectors complaining about Grapple and co (Strafe, Lugnut, etc), on different boards.

I can still grab multiples of any of them, for $30 each, at a local Toyworld.

They were packed full on the shelf, and the overhead bin/top shelf thingie was ceiling high of them as well.

Arcee can verify that (well, maybe not the ceiling stuff. She is a short-arse :P )

$30 for Grapple now that is cheap . Local retailers only sold that low if they were trying to move stock (sale price) but so far Grapple didnt last on the local shop shelves IIRC....i was just lucky that day coz I found 2, bought 1 and texted a buncha local guys for the other - whoever comes and gets it first is a winaah!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]