Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Only 400? My local Gyms are all 800-1200... I can't get anywhere near them...
    I have few over CP500 and few at 400 now. Got few duodo with CP200 and can I can evolve them anytime but want to keep and see if I should max them more or not as I alerady got 2 dodrio CP340

Almost lev 11

Got to catch them all.

Turns out I'm impatient, if I wait until the next few Pokemon show up, the actual leader is a 1200CP Dragonair.

So envious of people who have stable connections, went for an hours walk and I only got 100m added to my eggs, the wife had 4km. She only caught rattata and oddish as it is our local area, seems the farther away from home, the better the Pokemon are.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Thieves (in the US) using Pokémon Go to lure and rob players at gunpoint

Also, check out the way that the lady in the video horrifically mispronounces "Pokémon," she says "Poh-keh-mon" instead of "Pock-eh-mon." Looks like she's unaware that "Pokémon" is short for "Pocket Monsters," and you pronounce "pocket" as "pock-eht," not "poke-it." Seriously, who says things like, "I put my phone in my back "poke-it," or "Empty your poke-its." Pocket! The English spelling of Pokémon even deliberately places an accent mark over the "e" to tell people that the stress should fall on the second syllable, not the first. We don't pronounce words like café as "kaffer," or touché as "two-sher" etc. I personally would've Romanised it as "Pockemon," because everyone pronounces "Pocky" fairly correctly (you don't read it as "Pokey"), but alas, the official spelling is Pokémon.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 13th July 2016 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Also, check out the way that the lady in the video horrifically mispronounces "Pokémon," she says "Poh-keh-mon" instead of "Pock-eh-mon."

Looks like she's unaware that "Pokémon" is short for "Pocket Monsters," and you pronounce "pocket" as "pock-eht," not "poke-it." Seriously, who says things like, "I put my phone in my back "poke-it," or "Empty your poke-its." Pocket! The English spelling of Pokémon even deliberately places an accent mark over the "e" to tell people that the stress should fall on the second syllable, not the first. We don't pronounce words like café as "kaffer," or touché as "two-sher" etc. I personally would've Romanised it as "Pockemon," because everyone pronounces "Pocky" fairly correctly (you don't read it as "Pokey"), but alas, the official spelling is Pokémon.
    I think you're in the vast minority of westerners if you've been pronouncing it pockemon all this time for the past 20 years. Never heard anybody say that, not sure if you're even serious.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Also, check out the way that the lady in the video horrifically mispronounces "Pokémon," she says "Poh-keh-mon" instead of "Pock-eh-mon."

Looks like she's unaware that "Pokémon" is short for "Pocket Monsters," and you pronounce "pocket" as "pock-eht," not "poke-it." Seriously, who says things like, "I put my phone in my back "poke-it," or "Empty your poke-its." Pocket! The English spelling of Pokémon even deliberately places an accent mark over the "e" to tell people that the stress should fall on the second syllable, not the first. We don't pronounce words like café as "kaffer," or touché as "two-sher" etc. I personally would've Romanised it as "Pockemon," because everyone pronounces "Pocky" fairly correctly (you don't read it as "Pokey"), but alas, the official spelling is Pokémon.
    The anime's English dub (and other media) has always pronounced it "Poh-keh-mon." So it's no surpirse that everyone (or vast majority) pronounces it that way.

[EDIT] Ninja'd by griffin and laproblematique

lets play game, how you or people pronounce it doesn't really matters.

While walking home yesterday I saw a lure active at a nearby park and decided to walk there to check it out. It was quite dark and I was quite worry of getting robbed, saw a group of people there, few cars pull up, few cars drove away... catch a few pokemon and quickly walk off. Dont want to get robbed or bashed as I am alone. Wouldnt have even consider walking near the park in the dark previously.
    :lol

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    lets play game, how you or people pronounce it doesn't really matters.
    Would if I could! Impossible to log in all morning. RIP servers.

Nearly saw a benefit of POkemon Go yesterday, a rat-tailed teenager stopped dead in the middle of the road to catch a weedle and nearly got run over.

It would've benefited the gene pool immensely!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Poke'mon isn't really my thing, and I think if not used correctly this game can do a lot of harm. I'm not playing, and besides I generally only play one mobile game at a time, and at the moment its Marvel's Contest of Champions.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'll see your Ratchet, and raise you a king of the jungle...

"Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera