Thread: Video Game sightings

Default Video Game sightings

Dick Smith Electronics stores have a big clearance sale on at the moment with some very cheap games across all platforms. If you've not picked up the Movie Transformers game this might be a good chance but stocks seem to be very limited.

DS Autobots game $12.50
    DS Decepticon game $12.50

PC DVD version $7.50

PSP version $12.50
    PS2 version $30 (only format not on sale)
    PS3 version $30

Wii version $20

Xbox 360 version $20

Edit: Check http://www.dse.com.au for current stock availability so you don't waste a trip.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 20th October 2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Removed links, thanks Saintly

Be careful though. I'm not sure how often their website is updated but when I compiled a list of games I wanted from a particular store that the website said is available, I went there and NONE of them were there. Even after I asked, they said all sold out. This is only an hour after i looked at the website.

Although they did have TF game on 360 and DS. I passed on both. Not exactly garnering great reviews and would rather spend the money on another figure. Although, thinking about it now. I should have picked up TF on 360 for $20.

It does say it's updated overnight so it's probably best to call ahead. But at least you can see before you go if there is a chance the store will have it.

PB, those links particularly the PSP, PS3 & DS are no longer valid... I think if I checked all of them, it would be the same..

They all just reference back to the homepage of DSE

Transformers Animated for Nintendo DS is out in Australia

EB Games have it for $39.91 ($10 off the regular price)

Big W also have it in this week's catalogue for $39.84

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Transformers Animated for Nintendo DS is out in Australia

EB Games have it for $39.91 ($10 off the regular price)

Big W also have it in this week's catalogue for $39.84
    Funny thing is is that Big W has imported it. They have just but an Australian rating sticker on it and it says on the back it is the American verison
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Ha! Just checked and the one I got from EB Games is the same, complete with "For sale, rental and use only in USA, Canada, Mexico and Latin America"!

The game is alright. It's aimed for a younger demographic but the gameplay reminds me of an old game called The Lost Vikings.

Its not a long game either, so $40 is fair.

So glad the DS is Multi-region it allows for things like this to happen (Im thinking we have the import version due to a shipping/manufacturing error, so that the game is on shelves in time for the holiday season)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

This happens a lot. Local distributors will get copies of the game from a bigger market (US or Europe) and just slap on local ratings sticker to cut costs on printing a sleeve with the local ratings on it. Especially for games that aren't destined to sell particularly too well. Let alone a market (ours) that's tiny in comparison with the US or Europe.