Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > News > Laserbeak's Sightings

Sightings/Sales

Old 20th June 2018, 08:51 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Checked some BigWs tonight after 5pm, hoping to get Optimal Optimus and black Rodimus at the sale price. Unfortunately, all three stores had little or no POTP Leaders left (already being bought up before the sale started).

Calamvale - 2 Optimus, 1 Rodimus
Kuraby - 2 Optimus, 1 Rodimus, 1 black Rodimus (which I bought)
Browns Plains - NONE. The toy manager said that they had already put them out, and didn't have any more.

Plenty of Studio Series Leaders and Deluxes at all of the stores though... and quite a few wave 1 POTP Deluxes too... which will peg-warm and prevent restocking of later waves.

At least I got one of the two Leaders that I wanted, but the priority was Optimal, as Unicronus is just a redeco of a toy I already have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanzaabot View Post
Big W Garden City broke the Aussie street date on Optimal Optimus by about 6 months! Only had one in stock, and he's mine now.
They must have put them out after Sunday, as they only had a couple of black Rodimus toys on the shelf with a couple of Optimus toys.

That doesn't leave me with many nearby options now for Optimal, with the four closest stores all being empty of it.
Old 20th June 2018, 10:42 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Checked some BigWs tonight after 5pm, hoping to get Optimal Optimus and black Rodimus at the sale price. Unfortunately, all three stores had little or no POTP Leaders left (already being bought up before the sale started).

Calamvale - 2 Optimus, 1 Rodimus
Kuraby - 2 Optimus, 1 Rodimus, 1 black Rodimus (which I bought)
Browns Plains - NONE. The toy manager said that they had already put them out, and didn't have any more.

Plenty of Studio Series Leaders and Deluxes at all of the stores though... and quite a few wave 1 POTP Deluxes too... which will peg-warm and prevent restocking of later waves.

At least I got one of the two Leaders that I wanted, but the priority was Optimal, as Unicronus is just a redeco of a toy I already have.

They must have put them out after Sunday, as they only had a couple of black Rodimus toys on the shelf with a couple of Optimus toys.

That doesn't leave me with many nearby options now for Optimal, with the four closest stores all being empty of it.
That's a bummer, was going to go check out Calamvale at opening since it's closest to work. Thanks for the heads up Griffin, saved me some disappointment
Old 21st June 2018, 11:48 AM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Big W Runaway had 1 potp primal (home with me), but the rest were 3 of Optimus first wave . So maybe they are getting mixed cases of old wave 1 stock?
Old 21st June 2018, 02:49 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Big W Kawana had a lot of Wave 1 POTP Deluxes, 2 x Leader Rodimus. And a few $10 Titans, eg Croc, Quake and the blue Decepticon Targetmaster. Didnít notice much else.
Old 21st June 2018, 10:39 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Mt Ommaney BigW only had a single red Rodimus tonight... which just leaves two stores left to check of the nine on the south side of the river.
Old 23rd June 2018, 01:44 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Toyworld CBD has POTP Wave 3 Legends. Full price!
Old 23rd June 2018, 03:36 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Hyperdome bigw yesterday had no POTP Leaders left.
Capalaba bigw today had 1 red Rod left.
Carindale bigw 5 minutes ago had a black Rod left, but was grabbed and bought while I was there looking at it. Now none left in store.

That's all of the Brisbane BigW stores south of the river checked. Their inventory computer says some stores still have 1 or 2 units showing, but anything less than 3 can't be trusted... or could have been misplaced by a customer anywhere else in the store and wont show up until after the sale when all the toys are moved back to the toy section.
Old 23rd June 2018, 07:26 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Saw what I think was all the potp legends bar cosmos at toyworld lawnton this morning.
 / --------------------------------
|      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
 \_--------------------------------
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:00 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Robina Big W had 2x Optimus, 3x Shattered Glass Rodimus Prime (1 went home with me), stacks of Deluxes but only Wave 1
Old 24th June 2018, 06:51 PM
Rank 3 - Basic Member

Toyworld Brownstains has Outback and Cindersaur for $20, not that much else though.