Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: December Acquisitions

wow...you're always buying things in bulk eh zippo.
    very nice..my order with HLJ hasn't been processed yet even though i've paid on Boxing Day...looks like its to arrive mid-month of Jan 2008

Picked up Ultimate BB off lay-by, I also got 6 movie basics for a christmas present from my kids . These Smilies are ugly.

Got a few neat little bits for xmas

TF:M Leader Class Megatron
    TF:M Beatmix Bumble Bee
    TF:M Chocolates
    TF:M Mug w/ Hot Chocolate
    TF:M Optimus Prime Key chain
    TF:M Optimash Prime
    TF:M Playing cards
    TF:M Optimus Prime Gift Bag
    TF:M Bumble Bee Mousepad

TF Autobot Belt Buckle

First post on the new board

Based on the advice of many of you, I grabbed a $40 Fortress Maximus in some obscure collectibles shop in Nambour, QLD while visiting my girlfriend's parents on the Sunshine Coast:

He's got no loose parts and as missing some attached parts (no gun in the left leg, no gun cover in the left arm, etc.). He's got some whiting going on in his sternum, and is quite dirty, but I'm convince he'll look good after a cleanup.

My girlfriend got me some merchandise for Christmas:

The drawings in the Movie Guide are nice, but the lack of the complete cast makes it a bit disappointing.

Lastly, I came home to a US shipment from eBay, Universe Devestator:

This is THE BEST combiner I've ever seen. You can mix and match the components and it's highly articulated. I'm quite impressed!

Got me some goodies for Xmas and just because I like myself.

Under the Chrimbo tree were TF Monopoly (gonna make up some battley House rules) and the Death Star which I love. Cool Light Sabre sounds and great balance for the robot mode. He even fits this little felt Top hat I randomly bought one day perfectly. All I need now is a curly handlebar mustache....

Before Xmas, got the little remote control Movie Optimus thingo, "Transformers ID and Price Guide" by Mark Bellomo, which is nice for all accessories, but I am disappointed by the pictures (a lot of them are blurry) and some of his blurb about the figures is wrong too (he states the Optimus Prime was called Battle Convoy in Japan and since in this instance, I know my memory serves me correctly, Battle Convoy was of course G2 Optimus.). Plus it doesn't Have Jap releases and no G2 etc. Anyone know of a (more if not) complete book I can get. I am not scared of Japanese text either, all I need is a name (dammit!).

I have a feeling that was it for December, although my mind tells (wishes) me there was more....

My December acquisitions.
    Thanks to Hasbro AU's incompetance in foreseeing the huge demand for TFs this past Christmas, most of my purchases were online, and my overal amount for December was way down (for what I would usually expect at this time of year).
    SWTF Commander Cody.
    Remote Control Barricade.
    G2 Jazz, G2 Fireflight, G2 Skydive, G2 Airraid, G2 Silverbolt, G2 Firecracker, G2 Afterburner.
    Euro Aquafend.
    Alt Mirage (Euro version).
    JP Beast Sling, Powerhug, Crazybolt.
    Micron Legend Hot Rod (Hotshot with a LED in the fist), Jolt.

That's 16 figures for the month of December. That's actually rather pathetic for me, with only one general release current figure for the whole month.
    It would have been 17, but an ebay dealer forgot to include JP Bigmos in a bulk purchase I made.
    At least I'm getting closer to completing Gen2. Only have the six orange Constructicons (maybe the yellow ones as well), the six Dinobots, Slingshot (it's hard finding one that isn't broken), and the 2 leader Spychangers.

Jaydisc: the limb swapping gimmick on that gestalt is pretty neat, but the articulation - while still cool - is pretty standard for a toy of that era. All post-G2 gestalts are articulated (save Vuldigus/Ruination who is of course a repaint of a G1 gestalt mould). I personally prefer JRX amongst the Car Robot (RID) gestalts.

Anyway, let's see if I can squeeze in the last acquisition for 2007 - yesterday I picked up Commander Cody/Turbo Tank!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Only have .... six Dinobots
    There are nine...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Ah yeah, but I'm not planning to get the 3 regular coloured ones, since they would really count as reissues and not G2 recolours. I'm only interested in the six recoloured ones.
    Actually, even the Generations book doesn't show the 3 regular grey ones. I don't think they were different to the Gen1 figures in any way, were they?

Yeah they had G2 stamps. Wooo.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister