Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The best Generations figures

I love the Hot Spot/Inferno/Grapple mould and Tracks.
    Lets not forget all the Seekers which are fantastic.
    Spiderken Away!

My three are (In no order):
    1) Jazz - yeah, the lack of a locking chest is a bummer, but otherwise a wonderful toy.
    2) Warpath - Amazing in both modes, a dream to Transform. Still one i play with the most.
    3) Mirage - One of the first and still one of the best. I love the articulation and futuristic
    sports car look.

its funny though how so many of my favorites have third party editions. From Reprolabels to add on head and weapons, alot of my favorite guys have work done to them. The three above are all without adition (though i plan to get repros for Jazz and Mirage sometime, they just arent a priority).
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

In no order..
    • Darkside Megatron - nice figure and the most wicked colours
    • Classics Megatron - the fantastically asymmetrical, fun, and yet complex transformation makes up for any other gripes.
    • Generations Warpath - I got them all out of boxes a week ago and Warpath is the one sticking in my head right now. He is a very fun and poseable figure.

Honourable mentions
    • Mi
    Nope. I certainly can name more but I'll stick to the cruel brief
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by The Scream Man View Post
    3) Mirage - One of the first and still one of the best. I love the articulation and futuristic
    sports car look. .
    Oh yes, definitely. Mirage is a top figure that has kind of been forgotten (designed by an Aussie, too, I believe). So sleek and poseable.

I wouldn't say forgotten... it was just damn hard picking a "top 3" out of a line up of such excellent toys! I find trying to pick my best 3 Classicsverse toys is like putting 50 Chuck Norrises in a cage and guessing which 3 would win! But you're right, Mirage is a damn fine toy.

there are so many great molds in these lines.
    some great transformations, but my favorites with regards to displaying:

Lugnut: the alt mode is very close to a real aircraft. there aren't a lot of aircraft based trasformers out there that look good in both modes with very little unused kibble. Lugnut is right up there.

Warpath: Apart from the fact that I love the transformation, both modes of this guy are very complete, clean and seamless.

Junkions: I've listed 2 here, simply because you need two so one can ride the other. The bikes look great, the robot modes look great and the fact that you can easily set them up to be in a riding pose, just like they were in the movie is brilliant, and while it looks a bit cramped it looks great on the shelf.

Honourable mentions go to
    drift One of few who can hold a sword double handed, unfortunately his swords plastic is a little soft and bends badly in this pose after a short while.
    United Jazz. a very nice rendition of Jazz, the paintwork and colours are very nice.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Darkside Megatron was my fourth favourite - third if I only count Lugnut once. (I guess the War For Cybertron was better than the Fall?)
    Oh yeah, I totally reckon FOC took some pretty big steps backward compared to WFC figures not so long prior (of which we only got 5 in retail I think)... I've read and heard many times the FOC figures reflect real-world economy at work, e.g. rising cost of plastics, transport, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    For me, it'd have to be:
    RTS Cyclonus
    Ace Seeker Starscream (lovely )
    United Megatron (silver gun)
    I'm surprised you list United Megatron over Henkei ver... I don't own the United one, but in pics Henkei seems to look better. Is it different in person??
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

I do like the FOC figures, they just don't make it into my top 3 for display.
    The Magnus is excellent.
    Bruticus is a marvel of engineering design, four of the five figures are effectively quad changers and manage to look close to screen representation in all modes, that's pretty impressive in my book.
    Starscream is simple but nice, I'd buy a skywarp and thundercracker in that mold for sure.

Jazz and Sideswipe are OK, they aren't great but they aren't that bad. I really dig shockwave, his legs are a bit spindly but otherwise he does look good and it's a simple elegant transformation. the fact that you can fold down his hand and attach his gun to his arm is a very nice touch.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I really dig shockwave, his legs are a bit spindly but otherwise he does look good and it's a simple elegant transformation. the fact that you can fold down his hand and attach his gun to his arm is a very nice touch.
    He's definitely the best Shockwave toy we've received in recent memory and probably won't be surpassed until the MP is released
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Hmm, I think:
    WFC Optimus Prime
    Sideswipe
    Scourge

Has no one else mentioned WFC Optimus Prime? That's a great, complex, figure.

Honourable mention to Cyclonus (fantastically awesome robot mode but the legs in vehicle mode let it down) and the Seeker mould (since I have over a dozen of it!).