View Poll Results: TF3 : DotM - worth watching?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • excellent, must see

50 43.86%
  • good, see if you can

35 30.70%
  • average

22 19.30%
  • disappointing, avoid it

7 6.14%
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Review - Transformers 3 : Dark of the Moon (spoilers)

Personally I don't have a problem with it, in fact I think it's a smart move considering the money he'd save. It's great that it's not just stock stand footage, like establishing shots, but high quality action scenes taking new form. I say 'well done'.

I wasn't aiming my comment at you, just reading on other boards that people think this is a new thing. Saves money, and time to film the shot. Only thing that needs to be done is adding the CG to it, and most moviegoers would not even have noticed it.

Just gives haters another excuse for them to say they hate M Bay

I got up to page 6 of this thread, but can't not post my response. I'll go back and read it all, I promise, and apologies if I go over something thats already been covered.

Hated it.

Is '4500X' some kind of Code for Michael Bay? Because it was the Helicopter in the 1st movie, and then it was on the Private Jet in the hanger in DOTM. WTF?

Enough with the Spock references. On the TV, several Spock quotes ripped off throughout. Yes, it's Leonard Nimoy, but we've had him before and we resisted the temptation to rip off his previous work.

Too much human crap. You guys have said (from what I've read thus far) the story was based around the Transformers... But the Autobots seemed to be missing for the entire movie?! Especially in the battle at the end. It was all humans on to nameless faceless Decepticons.

No character introductions. I've avoided reading or watching anything DOTM related for months, and I had no idea who the new characters were.

What is Shockwave's octopus-drill thing? Is it based on anything?!

Space Bridge? We saw that in the last movie and it was just some gimmick of travel. But now Sentinel Prime invented it and it's huge? Pft.

We were in a falling building for far, far too long.

I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff to complain about, but for now, that'll do.

I'll agree, the opening montage on Cybertron was great. Best part of the movie. All downhill from there.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Chances of a 4th movie? 0%. They've killed all the Decepticon Leaders. Megs, Screamer, Soundwave, Shockwave... What are they gonna do? Bring Megatron back to life... AGAIN... but this time call him Galvatron?!

And so let me get this straight...

According to the 1st movie, Megatron was out buying space groceries and looking for the Allspark cube thing, but got screwed up by Earth gravitational field and crashed on Earth and fell asleep.

Thats how we understood it from the 1st movie, correct?

But now, he was actually meeting Sentinal Prime here to talk tactics, but Sentinal crashed on the Moon and he crashed on Earth, but that just happens to be where the Allspark was hiding?

Come on.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I wasn't aiming my comment at you, just reading on other boards that people think this is a new thing. Saves money, and time to film the shot. Only thing that needs to be done is adding the CG to it, and most moviegoers would not even have noticed it.

Just gives haters another excuse for them to say they hate M Bay
    That's cool, no offence taken. I knew it wasn't aimed at me, just putting out my opinion.

And what the hell is MechTech?!

All I've heard about are MechTech toys! I was expecting McDreamy's character to pull a fast one on the Decepticons and give the Autobots some new technology that would help them fight better. Thats what I expected MechTech to be.

But no.

Their new weapons weren't even mentioned in the movie, nor where they came from.

Ridiculous.

I was expecting more focus on the armoured alt modes, especially for the Wreckers and even Bumblebee.

Had a bit of a chat with non tf fans, they seemed to enjoy it as an action flick, but so far there is not a person (from the 6 I've talked to thus far) who enjoyed the worm and building scenes.

I know it has been discussed before, but why does Starscream spit whenever he talks? And did the novel explain why laserbeak also seems to leak from the beak?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Fundamentally I Thought DOTM was Fantastic!

I was blown away by the action sequences. Seeing the integration of beloved characters into real world scenarios.....

I was thrilled certain bots got some more screen time and a touch more characterization compared to ROTF.

Sentinel Prime was awesome. I really hated him.

Although said use of "characterization" is a double edged sword.

Once again my childhood hero (Optimus) was frequently reduced to a cold remorseless murderer "we'll kill them all"? Not exactly the beacon of honor and justice I grew up with.....

Simple dialogue tweaks could have softened the blow at least, perhaps even justified certain actions (at least from our hero's point of view).

I've just got to remember this isn't G1.

This is a Michael Bay Transformers Movie for the masses.

Popcorn, explosions and escapism, and at the end of the day there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm just thrilled to see Optimus on the side of buses all around town, and once again we get to share "our" Transformers with the world.

Meh, I'm cool with this. At least he used footage from his own movie.

Imagine the shock and horror if people watch Star Trek: TMP & Star Trek 2 back to back.