Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Target Toy Sale: Buy 1 Get 1 Half Price on all toys

$300, I guess that's ok, but wasn't there meant to be other stores getting the G2 sets? Might see what their prices are before I commit that much of my TF funds.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

A note about Target's buy one get one half price sale. It charges you the more expensive item 100% and gives you 50% off the less expensive one.

Let's say you by four items. Item one and two are $40 each. Items three and four are $15 each. You would expect the register to work it out like this for the best deal:

Item 1: $40
    Item 2: $20 (half price)
    Item 3: $15
    Item 4: $7.50 (half price)
    Total $82.50

Instead Target's registers work this way (the best deal for Target because you pay an extra $12.50):

Item 1: $40
    Item 2: $40
    Item 3: $7.50 (half price)
    Item 4: $7.50 (half price)
    Total: $95

Hint: put item 1 and 2 through together as transaction one and 3 and 4 together as transaction two.

That's how all these deals work. As someone that works retail I rarely have a customer that doesn't understand it's off the cheapest items, but there is the odd person the doesn't.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

If they're in store too, I may just have to go layby heh

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    There's always organ donation if you can't afford it. You don't have to stop at just yours - any family member will work
    Doesn't 'donation' mean I'm giving it for free

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    That's how all these deals work. As someone that works retail I rarely have a customer that doesn't understand it's off the cheapest items, but there is the odd person the doesn't.
    No problems with the fact that the second item must be lesser or equal value. However, I assumed the register would work it out to benefit the customer, especially with multiple lots of identical items!

Businesses having it work out better for the customers? Bahahahaha I just fell outta my chair laughing

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    No problems with the fact that the second item must be lesser or equal value. However, I assumed the register would work it out to benefit the customer, especially with multiple lots of identical items!
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah every deal I've ever seen is that the cheaper item is the one you get for half price. Otherwise people would be buying the Gestalt sets for $200 then an $8 miniCon so they could get a hundred off the bigger item - stores would lose out big time because you could just walk back in 5 minutes later and do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Yeah every deal I've ever seen is that the cheaper item is the one you get for half price. Otherwise people would be buying the Gestalt sets for $200 then an $8 miniCon so they could get a hundred off the bigger item - stores would lose out big time because you could just walk back in 5 minutes later and do it again.
    Check out kovert's calculation. The fact that you can get the half-off second item that is closest in price to the 1st item if you separately pay them is his concern. Instead Target chooses all the cheapest items to apply the discount. This is for multiple items (4, 6, 8, etc).

I even sorted my stuff like these when being scanned: 1st item ($100), 2nd item ($100), 3rd item ($50), 4th item ($40). Expect discount to be half of $100 and half of $40 = $70. Instead you get discount half of $50 and half of $40 = $45. The difference is $25. I would understand if it I didn't sequence the items properly that the system would just apply the discount indiscriminately. Waste of time that you had to work out the math first to ensure that the discount is applied properly. The staff knowingly acknowledged the problem after you paid. Kind of deception really. I had to get full refund and then had to repay separately on a different floor/counter.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I even sorted my stuff like these when being scanned: 1st item ($100), 2nd item ($100), 3rd item ($50), 4th item ($40). Expect discount to be half of $100 and half of $40 = $70. Instead you get discount half of $50 and half of $40 = $45. The difference is $25. I would understand if it I didn't sequence the items properly that the system would just apply the discount indiscriminately. Waste of time that you had to work out the math first to ensure that the discount is applied properly. The staff knowingly acknowledged the problem after you paid. Kind of deception really. I had to get full refund and then had to repay separately on a different floor/counter.
    Spot on, Jazzcomp. My concern was about multiple groups of two identical items. I'd worked it out in my head before paying so I was surprised about the extra cost. Essentially it's a saving of 25% off each item if you buy two identical items. I asked for a full refund at the returns counter and requested two separate transactions Saved $12.50 by putting through separately.
    Last edited by kovert; 3rd April 2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Typo