Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime Teaser Footage

Drools.................

I don't think we can judge something buy a 30 second clip....

The designs look great (I particularly like Ratchet) and the animation looks interesting so far.

Given that Bumblebee today is a silent warrior* I doubt he'll talk in this cartoon.

* See Generations toy bio for War For Cybertron Bumblebee and Michael Bay movies

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Movie look to the characters is probably why there aren't any toys... at least for the launch of the show in October. Since we haven't seen any toy concepts at all, there probably won't be any toys for at least a year (which would be after TF3).
    Damnit... I really don't like TF series that aren't based on toy lines. (-_-) I really much prefer the more usual way where the toys come first and everything else comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    To be fair I won't be nearly as interested without a supporting toyline, because that's what I'm really in this for.
    +10.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Given that Bumblebee today is a silent warrior* I doubt he'll talk in this cartoon.

* See Generations toy bio for War For Cybertron Bumblebee and Michael Bay movies
    I Hope not. I would rather the Animated persona for Bumblebee than a mute one anyday...

A mute character can be cool... ya know, like Snake Eyes or Silent Bob (). I doubt they'd portray Bumblebee that way - but just wanted to point out that not all mute characters are necessarily bad.

...unless you get better.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A mute character can be cool... ya know, like Snake Eyes or Silent Bob (). I doubt they'd portray Bumblebee that way - but just wanted to point out that not all mute characters are necessarily bad.

...unless you get better.
    Yeah but as far as mute Bumblebee is concerned, it's not cool.

Well I'm sure we could find many things to criticise about the clip, but overall it's the best piece of TF animation I've seen for a while. So could be interesting, not point declaring it a success or failure till we get more information.

To me the designs look Bay Movie inspired but with TF Animated proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah but as far as mute Bumblebee is concerned, it's not cool.
    It could be cool depending on what they do with it, having Bumblebee as the same personality in every universe gets tiresome after a while, as does Bumblebee in general, I almost miss Hotshot.

Some day I need to write a fanfic TF story based on Turtles Forever where some villan tries to destroy all the Bumblebee's in the multiverse.

i found it looked interesting

The animation is a WIP so I'm reserving judgement about it until I see the final cut.

As long as it has great storytelling, like BM, then I'm happy!