Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

This is the full response I got
    Dear [Name]

Licensing & Regulation Division is in receipt of your email seeking clarification on the possession of a Megatron toy.

Please be advised that the $188.20 is for 3 years and every 3 years you will be required to renew you CCP Approval.

Based on what you have provided, you will still be required to obtain a Chief Commissioner of Police Approval to possess Prohibited Weapons (CCP) or a Governor In Council Exemption (GIC).

Should you have any further enquiries please email licensingregulation@police.vic.gov.au.

Yours sincerely
    Also can anyone recommend where I can buy a reasonably priced 40cm max width class display cabinet with a lock?

So far my options are these

http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...play-showcase/

http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...display-tower/

http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...display-tower/

I'm worried the single cube might not meet the storage requirement. the tower ones might, but I may have trouble finding room the base, since it's 45cm wide. Plus, I want to spend as little as possible, since the CCP Approval letter fee is already going to be a drain on my wallet.
    Last edited by bakakun; 27th October 2016 at 07:18 PM.

To Victorians

In case you're not reading the gun-formers thread in the Board info forum, here's the response I got after showing the licensing regulations department image scans of MP36

Dear [Name]

Licensing & Regulation Division is in receipt of your email seeking clarification on the possession of a Megatron toy.

Please be advised that the $188.20 is for 3 years and every 3 years you will be required to renew you CCP Approval.

Based on what you have provided, you will still be required to obtain a Chief Commissioner of Police Approval to possess Prohibited Weapons (CCP) or a Governor In Council Exemption (GIC).

Should you have any further enquiries please email licensingregulation@police.vic.gov.au.

Yours sincerely

Best value for money might be to get a glass display cabinet from Ikea or Fantastic furniture and get a lock for them or, if you're lucky, wait for Aldi's next round of glass cabinets as those are cheaper still and include locks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Best value for money might be to get a glass display cabinet from Ikea or Fantastic furniture and get a lock for them or, if you're lucky, wait for Aldi's next round of glass cabinets as those are cheaper still and include locks.
    I saw this one from Ikea, but it doesn't appear to come with a lock

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60269123/

This one would be preferred though because it's narrower, but again has no lock

http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au...TI4SHOOOGLAWHI

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
    I saw this one from Ikea, but it doesn't appear to come with a lock

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60269123/

This one would be preferred though because it's narrower, but again has no lock

http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au...TI4SHOOOGLAWHI
    Yeah you have to get the lock separately, I'm not sure if Ikea sell them in store but you can find them on ebay regardless by searching "ikea detolf lock", they fit both cabinets.
    As I said though, all depends on if you want "cheapest" or "best value for money", so far cheapest is probably that single cube which looks like it'll be $62 before shipping and without a lock (probably cheaper to get a lock somewhere else honestly as it's $25 more from them with the lock) but it's not best value for money

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Given that he has the P38 UNCLE accessories I bet he is MP-10 priced from Takara Tomy. Just a question of how much PC needs to add on to cover the legal cost.
    If it's going to jack up the cost of the toy then I might as well get it from another source.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Yeah you have to get the lock separately, I'm not sure if Ikea sell them in store but you can find them on ebay regardless by searching "ikea detolf lock", they fit both cabinets.
    As I said though, all depends on if you want "cheapest" or "best value for money", so far cheapest is probably that single cube which looks like it'll be $62 before shipping and without a lock (probably cheaper to get a lock somewhere else honestly as it's $25 more from them with the lock) but it's not best value for money
    I want something that's good value, but also cheap. But above all it's got to be able to meet requirements to storing Megatron (imitation firearm).

If I were to get the IKEA or Fantastic furniture display cabinet, I'd like for it to be able to hold the Soul of chogokin figures and DX chogokin Macross figures I am also getting. The Ikea one claims the shelves can hold up to 3.5kg, but the fantastic furniture one doesn't mention it. How many SOC figures could a 3.5kg limit hold? Honestly never owned one so I don't know how heavy they are out of the packaging.

EDIT:
    Do the NSW safe storage requirements listed on the Megatron club website apply for Victoria? I can't find anywhere where it mentions imitation firearms like Megatron need to be stored in a case that's fixed to a wall?

This is the section on the CCP approval letter form regarding storage

Part 6 – Storage (Please advise what storage requirements you have in place to prevent the theft of these
    prohibited weapons whilst in your possession)

Storage requirements
    Prohibited Weapons owned or possessed under this Chief Commissioner’s Prohibited Weapons Approval must be stored in the following manner:

Imitation firearms (including laser/infrared devices) are to be stored safely and securely in a manner to ensure that:
    • The devices are not readily accessible to others;
    • The devices are not available for possession, carriage or use by others unless they are also holders of a Chief Commissioner of Police Approval (Prohibited Weapons) issued for the same reason or are otherwise exempt (if applicable); and
    • When being transported between the usual place of storage and place(s) at which the devices are legitimately used (the reason of which is stated in this authority), they are stored in a manner that is not readily accessible to others and concealed from plain sight.

Blow guns may be on open display in the approval holder’s home, but both ends must be sealed and all darts surrendered.

Body armour must be stored in safe and secure manner.

Swords must be stored in a manner to ensure that they are not:
    (i) readily accessible to anybody other than holder of the Chief Commissioner’s Prohibited Weapons Approval or Government in Council Exemption; or
    (ii) available for possession, carriage or use by a person who is not a holder of a Chief Commissioner’s Prohibited Weapons Approval or does not fall within another class of exempt person.

General category crossbows must be store in a manner to ensure that they are not:
    (a) readily accessible to anybody who is not a holder of a Chief Commissioner’s Prohibited Weapons Approval or does not fall within another class of exempt person. Specifically the crossbows must be:
    (i) fitted with a trigger lock and the keys stored in a separate place; or
    (ii) stored with a cable lock through the footclaw and connected to the string; or
    (iii) stored in the unstrung condition with the prod/bow assembly demounted from the stock (where possible);
    (b) available for possession, carriage or use by a person who is not a holder of a Chief Commissioner’s Prohibited Weapons Approval or does not fall within another class of exempt persons.

Other prohibited weapons should be stored in a locked cupboard, cabinet or safe of sturdy construction. If the storage unit is glass fronted, the glass must be at least 5mm thick. If the mass weight of the storage unit is less than 150kg, it must be affixed to either the frame of the floor or wall (where applicable) so as to prevent easy removal. Wood screws and the like are not acceptable; however, ramset/dyna bolts are sufficient. The locks fitted to these storage units must be of sturdy construction. Padlocks must have shanks of hardened steel.
    If the first sentence "Other prohibited weapons" is a separate matter from the inform regarding the storage weight and thickness of the glass, then that single cube and the others I linked might not be enough. If that section was grouped intentionally, and those requirements are not for an imitation firearm like Megatron, then I might be safe.

Also, can anyone in Victoria who's gotten their approval letter please clarify whether it was required to have security grilles on their windows?
    Last edited by bakakun; 28th October 2016 at 09:33 PM.

Ok here's the disclaimer pc just put up for bold forms gladius I'd assume the same will apply to the tt megatron

** DISCLAIMER ** This product needs to go by road delivery. This product cannot be sent to PO Boxes OR Parcel Lockers. EXPRESS SERVICE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS ITEM. Item Will ship from QLD

Before purchasing this item it is the customer’s responsibility to contact their relevant authorities to ensure that the possession of this item is legal in their state.

Premium Collectables will not accept any claim or responsibility in the event of consequential action by any law enforcement agency against organizations or individuals that have purchased this product without prior investigation as to its legality in the relevant state.

As State laws change regularly, it is impossible for us to give exact information regarding the legal status of items in every State of Australia. As such, we strongly suggest that you contact your local State Police Department and ask them for specific information regarding the ownership of items you wish to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Ok here's the disclaimer pc just put up for bold forms gladius I'd assume the same will apply to the tt megatron
    Basically a gamble for any buyer, you buy and anything happens then it's tough luck . Prob applies to post sales service of these items as well