Page 916 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 896906911912913914915916917918919920921926936 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,160 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Looking at Goktimus' list I notice a few others I should have remembered. Slapdash in particular, and the various Spychangers. And like the Spychangers, the micromaster mold and the minicon version have a quite a few versions. I think there's a Robotmasters Mirage too maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Oh and before I forget. I was just wondering if anyone knows what physical stores in Australia are my best chance to grab a TR Sixshot from wave 3 and the TR wave 4 in all classes?
    Wave 3 - For Sixshot go to a TRU

Wave 4 - Myer for Leaders (Sky Shadow). Not sure about the Titan Masters. Pretty sure the rest of the wave 4 is unsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Wave 3 - For Sixshot go to a TRU

Wave 4 - Myer for Leaders (Sky Shadow). Not sure about the Titan Masters. Pretty sure the rest of the wave 4 is unsighted.
    Yep, Sixshot is really only at ToysRUs so far.

And we've only had the Voyager (Broadside at BigW I think) and Leader (Skyshadow only at Myer so far) from wave four so far. Still waiting on the Titanmasters, Legends and Deluxes.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yep, Sixshot is really only at ToysRUs so far.

And we've only had the Voyager (Broadside at BigW I think) and Leader (Skyshadow only at Myer so far) from wave four so far. Still waiting on the Titanmasters, Legends and Deluxes.
    Cool, I'll hit up TRU and Myer on my holiday tomorrow.

I regret not grabbing Broadside when I saw him at work, was he one to a case or two? I might be able to find one out the back if he's two.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I think there's a Robotmasters Mirage too maybe?
    Yes, there is. And he's a repaint of MW Mirage. I totally missed this mould. The MW Mirage mould was also redecoed as Indy Heat in CR who became Skid-Zed in Robots In Disguise.

I honestly don't know the difference between an F1 and Indy race car. I just Googled it and it made me more confused. I get that there's internal engine and performance differences but I don't get what the visual differences are.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I honestly don't know the difference between an F1 and Indy race car. I just Googled it and it made me more confused. I get that there's internal engine and performance differences but I don't get what the visual differences are.
    Think of it this way, Transformers and Go-bots are both Transforming robot toys but if someone said to you "cool Go-bot collection" you might be insulted because you know they are not the same and I think we can all agree Transformers are a better designed and engineered product.

In the same way Indy Car and Formula 1 are both "open wheel race cars" but Formula 1 is the pinnacle of engineering and design where every car is different. Indy Car just doesn't do things that way. They use a single chassis the DW12 and two identical engines, a Honda and Chevy to cut cost. Also Indy Cars can only turn left most of the time.

Oh and note that the top teams in Formula 1, Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari probably spend more on their F1 teams than the budget of some nations. Indy likes to be "cheaper".

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Think of it this way, Transformers and Go-bots are both Transforming robot toys but if someone said to you "cool Go-bot collection" you might be insulted because you know they are not the same and I think we can all agree Transformers are a better designed and engineered product.
    Insulted? Why would I be insulted?
    If a TF-Muggle were to make that sort of comment then well... who cares? If a person claiming to be a TF fan were to make that comment, then that just makes them look stupid. They're insulting themselves.

Or let's say someone looks at a piece of Chinese writing and thinks it's Japanese. If that person is neither a Chinese or Japanese speaker, then I'm not going to be insulted. Even if they speak Chinese and/or Japanese, I'm not going to to be insulted. I might think that they're a fool, but I'm not going to take offence to it. I once saw a book made by a Japanese teacher which had Chinese writing in it. I was dumbfounded, but not insulted.

BTW, I'm a motor sport Muggle and I didn't understand any of your explanation. I'm sorry if that deeply offends you.

Some theory about an alternate dimensional space or subspace or something which is used to store the trailer. in the same vein Megatron / Soundwave / Blaster access the same space to store their excess mass when they shrink from giant robot to tiny alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Inspired by the comments from Griffin in the surprising thread, where does Optimus' trailer go?
    The first section on this tfwiki page about "subspace" talks about it... and concludes that a FunPub story written by two fans, canonized the fan theories.
    So along with a lot of things from FunPub stories and their "Ask Vector Sigma" concept, it's technically official, even if a lot of people don't treat their work as being anything more than fan-fiction.

Does anyone know what kind of (huge, robotic) bird the G1 Predacon Divebomb is supposed to turn into?

Different resources say either 'eagle' or 'condor'.