Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers PlayStation 2 Game (2004) Optimus Prime 3D Animation thingy

Default Transformers PlayStation 2 Game (2004) Optimus Prime 3D Animation thingy

Hey guys =o)

I'm not sure if this would interest anyone, as it is kinda old now, but considering the Armada Transformers game on PS2 a few years back was quite a classic imo, I thought I'd bring this up for those who also enjoy(ed) the game.

I've had this on my computer ever since the game first came out, and after finding it again today, I thought I'd post a link to it for people to download (yes, Atari is still hosting the website/download files of a 6 year old game). Basically (for those who haven't seen this), it's a small little program that displays a 3D textured model of Optimus Prime from the game, with a few options at the bottom to show his animations for walking, running, kicking, fighting, shooting, and ofcourse, transformation. Nothing much, but a nifty little novelty imo, and I wish I had the know-how to make this a screensaver =o)

Anyhoo, here it is for those interested, with screenies for those who haven't a clue what I rambling on about:

ftp://ftp.download-center.com/pub/download/international/transformers/optimus_3D.zip

I hope you enjoy =o)

Please have a listen to my songs. Feel free to comment if you wish, any constructive feedback is appreciated =o)

(moved topic to news section - old as it is, it is still news to me)

And yes, the game is a classic to me as well.

That looks cool.. wish a Wii version was released

Is the game any good?

the game predated the Wii by about 2 years, plus a new publisher owns TF game rights so there is little to no chance of seeing it on Wii

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    That looks cool.. wish a Wii version was released

Is the game any good?
    Yes, it was very good. Only real niggle was that it was a bit short. The graphics were very good for the day and it was great fun to play although it got terribly hard later in the game and due to Prime having all the power, Hot Shot got forgotten about in the last 2 or 3 levels. I was playing this the other day. I would have liked an urban level as well, but I still think its a ripper of a game.

It also has one the coolest boss fights of all time against Tidal wave. A nice touch is that the level with TW as the boss has you running around him (and inside) as he is in vehicle mode...

I found this game interesting because it changed quite lot from the initial development to the final product.

Check this video out to see some stuff that was left out. Powerlinking in vehicle mode for example. There is no sound.
    http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tr...videos;title;3

I think one of the guys that used to be on TAAU worked on the game as it was done by Melbourne house (in Australia! )

Yeah, he also posted details about the Cybertron game Atari canceled very early in development. Unfortunately, since it was posted on TAAU, not many other sites heard about it, so people outside of Australia merely assumed Hasbro ordered the cancellation of the Cybertron game for no apparent reason, perhaps out of spite.

Internet Fan Logic.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

I still need to play this game...I remember playing the demo and it was surprisingly fluid and very fun to play. You'd think Transformers games would be a dime a dozen on modern consoles such is the potential for great gameplay but for some reason they're far and few between - and it seems Melbourne House is the only one who can make a game worth writing home about anyway...I've been harping on about Batman: Arkaham Asylum but can you imagine a Transformers game with those sort of production values on PS3/360? It would be glorious!!

I've only seen gameplay video's of the Bay movie games but that's enough for me, I'm not going to encourage the developer to make more generic crap like that by paying for a copy. Having problems sleeping? Youtube the ROTF games Devastator battle while listening to some Steve Roach music (not that I don't love his music but you get the idea ).

EDIT: Just snagged a new copy of the Melb House game on ebay. Can finally see what all the fuss is all about!
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 12th September 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I found this game interesting because it changed quite lot from the initial development to the final product.

Check this video out to see some stuff that was left out. Powerlinking in vehicle mode for example. There is no sound.
    http://au.gamespot.com/ps2/action/tr...videos;title;3

I think one of the guys that used to be on TAAU worked on the game as it was done by Melbourne house (in Australia! )
    thanks! cool to see some of the features that were cut such as melee weaps' & the jolt jump!

That was an awsome game! but i could never beat Unicron so i never finnished the game but have seen what happenes when you do beat unicron thanks to youtube