Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: FIRST SIGHTINGS ARCHIVE of new Transformers in Australia

Krayt just called me to let me know he saw at least 2 Whirl + Bludgeon 2-packs for $80 in ROTF packaging at TRU.

UPDATE: TRU refused to sell them.
    Last edited by jaydisc; 2nd May 2009 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Krayt just called me to let me know he saw at least 2 Whirl + Bludgeon 2-packs for $80 in ROTF packaging at TRU.

Bwahahaha. Oh dear. Is that a worldwide first sighting? And first refusal? (So I'm guessing that TRU think the two-pack falls under some sort of embargo on movie toys, even though Whirl and Bludgeon have nothing to do with the film...)

Post my sighting why don't ya.....

Yes, TRU are receiving their Exclusive (has the exclusive sticker) Whirl and Bludgeon packs....

Scans (checkpoint) at $79.9X.... But at the register comes up with an "Unavailable for sale" message.

What to say.... BEAUTIFUL cgi details on the character heads on the front of the box.... really going out of their way for "non-movie" figures.

so no idea of release date.... but they are shipping at least

any pic?
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

Of what? a recently emptied shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I've always been curious about this, what's the law when it comes to refusal to sell displayed items in a store? I know they're worried about having a falling out with Hasbro, but really, they've already cocked up by putting it on the shelf, so an angry fan could always 'dob' them in anyway?

Not that I've got any particular interest in buying that two pack, nor is there any way I could buy it as TRU continues to arrogantly ignore the Tasmanian market.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I've always been curious about this, what's the law when it comes to refusal to sell displayed items in a store? I know they're worried about having a falling out with Hasbro, but really, they've already cocked up by putting it on the shelf, so an angry fan could always 'dob' them in anyway?

Not that I've got any particular interest in buying that two pack, nor is there any way I could buy it as TRU continues to arrogantly ignore the Tasmanian market.
    Items in stores and on shelves are "an invitation to treat". This means that the store invites you to make an offer to purchase the item. Once the store accepts your offer, then the contract is complete and the sale is made. Placing the item on the shelf does not constitute an offer so that your willingness to buy does not constitute an acceptance.

This is why most stores can negotiate price, and why, in this case, they can refuse to sell the item to you.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    Items in stores and on shelves are "an invitation to treat". This means that the store invites you to make an offer to purchase the item. Once the store accepts your offer, then the contract is complete and the sale is made. Placing the item on the shelf does not constitute an offer so that your willingness to buy does not constitute an acceptance.

This is why most stores can negotiate price, and why, in this case, they can refuse to sell the item to you.
    'An Invitation to Treat'

That's awesome, I'm going to use that the next time I'm in Myer trying to buy an Animated Deluxe figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Scans (checkpoint) at $79.9X.... But at the register comes up with an "Unavailable for sale" message.
    So basically... "Computer says no".

I had the "we can't sell this to you" expeirence with Movie toys last time around. It's a little annoying but getting a sneak peak of the toys is cool too.

The head of Whirl is something many of you will want to look at closely.... bad paint ap on top where the 2 halves join together....

Apart from that they look pretty good....

oh... except woth the injection mould mark on the knee of Whirl as well.... Mine's very white....