Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to tel if MP is KO?

I was quite impressed with KO MP-10 too from an aesthetics and detailing point of view until I tried to transform him. I've never gone all the way because his legs are so stiff I worry about them breaking or remaining stuck.

I knew up front he was a fake but I liked his detailing so much I couldn't resist getting him (and I only paid RMB400) for the novelty value. Side by side with my real MP-10's he always makes for quite a conversation piece. He's the only fake I've ever had the desire to acquire... I'm a sucker for G1 Optimus...
    The centre screw is one of the things that always suckers non-TF knowing people into thinking the real MP-10 is fake... so funny that such a little detail can be so telling.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    The mp-10 coulld be identified by the paint apps and the waist yellow center screw. The hands was sadly the KOs downfall, they should have used the KFC hands.

I was quite impressed with the mp-10 KO version 2 until the hands were still let down. Mind you there are a lot of people who dont even know these are KO. It also shows the Takara version was by far from being perfect.

I've seen & handled a counterfeit MP Alert IRL; out of box the inferior quality is more noticeable with certain parts not fitting in properly (e.g. top of head etc.). MP Alert has been the only MP that I've purchased off the secondary market and I ended up paying about $100 for it -- somewhat pricey (about double what preordering would've cost, but the same as AU RRP for an MP Car) but I was willing to pay it knowing that it was the real deal rather than risk getting a fake.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I bought a ko on purpose the gold ko mp12. Because the gold version doesn't exist in legit form.

There are definitely things you can check to see if legit

The headlights don't have the black border. The head won't close. The paint is better (wtf) and Lamborghini is spelt wrong.

I would never get one again as I wnt to support the legit creators etc.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    I bought a ko on purpose the gold ko mp12. Because the gold version doesn't exist in legit form.

There are definitely things you can check to see if legit

The headlights don't have the black border. The head won't close. The paint is better (wtf) and Lamborghini is spelt wrong.

I would never get one again as I wnt to support the legit creators etc.
    Well it depends, some people buy them to do custom jobs, and by all means is a cheaper way to go. The Diaclone bluestreak has not been released and some people will buy the Tokyo exclusive KO to do this.

For me, I wasn't impressed at all by MP-10 overall for the original. I prefer to alter his hands to have the KFC version, and have to say it looked so much better with the movable fingers.

To be real honest, some people have not get it that you have to purchase the originals at pre-order stage, not when they are date released as they will be 10% marked up easily. If you pre-order all your mps, you don't even need to look at KO because you be paying like $10 more for the original toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Always nice to be able to compare the real to the fake. I have a real and fake MP-10 that causes (non-collecting) peoples minds to blow when I put them side by side. 80% think the fake is the real deal.
    Given the quality of official toys these days, that doesn't surprise. Although 5 years ago, it would have shocked me.

I went to HK in September 2013 and all of the MP-14 Red Alerts I saw were well over $100.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'd be happy if MP Bumble got KO'd, because I'd like a couple of Exosuits to go with the upcoming Dr Wu upgrade heads.

That said, anyone want to sell an Exosuit or two? :P

Thanks for the links, most helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There's a section for identifying counterfeits here.

MP Prowl
    MP Streak
    MP Lambor; a lot of the image links there seem to be broken, so here are some other links:
    http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/79
    http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...deswipe/27775/
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9870600&type=1
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showpo...06&postcount=7
    This site shows how to tell the difference from the box.
    Tigertrack

Red Alert:
    http://bensrantblog.blogspot.com.au/...iece-toys.html

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

Have a good trip, dont have one that you be worrying about.
    That is good advice, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Did they have the ST markings and holograms on them?
    They were locked in a small clear case so I couldn't see enough to tell. Given their prices and that the shop keeper says she was selling them for someone else, claiming to have no knowledge of where they were from (I asked a simple question about whether they were Japanese versions), I became suspicious and now it looks like you've all confirmed this for me.