Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "talk me out of it" thread

Default The "talk me out of it" thread

Plenty of threads around about a bot's pros and cons but sometimes we just need to hear the negatives to push us off that fence we're sitting on. With all the options available and the speed in which this the plastic goodness is release, a TF fan's budget and storage is getting increasingly stretched but as collectors, we always seem to have that FOMO disorder that compels us to chase that bot that we know deep down we shouldn't get but sometimes can't help ourselves.

So I propose we take all that negativity that the Internet is rife with and put it to good use to convince those on the fence that the bot they are pondering over is not for them. For example if I was on the fence on MP Ramjet and really deep down didn't want to get it but hey gotta catch em all, don't tell me how good it is, tell me about the shoulders, inaccuracies, the QC issues. Hell, tell me about how his nose cone on display in bot mode will give me a sense of inadequacy for life. If I'm posting here, I need to be talked out of something!

One more thing, no positive comments in this thread. The person posting about the bot will need to talked down to put away their credit card or cash. Also keep it civil please. These are all about people's opinions so please respect that.

I'll start. This is high on most people's list but someone please talk me out of MP Ratchet! I've got Ironhide so I know about diaper crotch, tyre butt and not too phased about hip flaps but I need to know more about Ratchet. I'm hearing paint chips, something about shoulders. Great I'm climbing off that fence but every time I see more pics I start the ascent on that pointy picket fence once again...

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    I'll start. This is high on most people's list but someone please talk me out of MP Ratchet! I've got Ironhide so I know about diaper crotch, tyre butt and not too phased about hip flaps but I need to know more about Ratchet. I'm hearing paint chips, something about shoulders. Great I'm climbing off that fence but every time I see more pics I start the ascent on that pointy picket fence once again...
    There's your point. You have Ironhide. He's not even in scale.

If you want an MP Ratchet, wait for the KO downsize of him.

Meanwhile, I'm trying not to get an all-white CW Sky Reign. I need to get Prowl. Then I will get Groove to replace Rook, and find a cheap Quickslinger to replace Alpha Bravo. Then Rook, AB and Prowl will join Wheeljack and Sky Lynx for a KKK-style combiner.

MP Ratchet and Ironhide.....

They have beer bellies, come across as being tall and lanky. And they wear nappies. How's that?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am normally good at negative comments on a product however mp ironhide and ratchet has been the better moulds of the mp lot.

The negative would be paint chips, I am rather surprised that it can happen since ironhide had no issues.

Then you got that chrome bumper as well and I am not sure is any good.

The faces for ratchet could be better.

The Red Cross decals are not perfect and you must cut them properly.

Nothing wrong with the shoulder though, it is correctly done.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Then you got that chrome bumper as well and I am not sure is any good.
    A few people on the US forums have already reported chrome wear.

Also, there are reports of a "split" in Ratchet's head -- probably along the seam line, although i'm not sure as i've yet to see a pic of it.

Take the +/- $100 you'd have to fork out for it & put it on a shelf
    Now, look at the $100.
    Keep looking at it.
    Think about what else you can buy for your family, friends & charity with it & put a smile on their faces.
    Remember, it's just a lump of white plastic & pins.
    If you still decide to go ahead & buy Ratchet, you are an evil, evil man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Now, look at the $100.
    Keep looking at it.
    Think about what else you can buy for your family, friends & charity with it & put a smile on their faces.
    I'd rather be evil and buy Ratchet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Now, look at the $100.
    Keep looking at it.
    I kept staring and staring at it and magically it seemed to double!! *insert evil laugh here!*

Quote Originally Posted by Polursine View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm trying not to get an all-white CW Sky Reign. I need to get Prowl. Then I will get Groove to replace Rook, and find a cheap Quickslinger to replace Alpha Bravo. Then Rook, AB and Prowl will join Wheeljack and Sky Lynx for a KKK-style combiner.
    Just think about the future. Sure now, he'll be an all white Skyriegn, but later it will be a sunburnt crappy yellow skyreign. Can you wish that on any toy.

NO TOY DESERVES A FATE LIKE THAT.

Just ask original Metroplexes (or my Buzz Lightyear toy I bought when the movie came out and liked him so much had him on display for about 10 years, before I knew about the damaging rays of the sun on plastic)

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post

For example if I was on the fence on MP Ramjet and really deep down didn't want to get it but hey gotta catch em all, don't tell me how good it is, tell me about the shoulders, inaccuracies, the QC issues. Hell, tell me about how his nose cone on display in bot mode will give me a sense of inadequacy for life.
    Heh - funny you should use that example. That's the one figure I've been struggling with. However my wallet easily convinced me not to get him, more support in that regard is not at this stage required