Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Transformers fan vote

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    When did tracks and needlenose become brothers?
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm guessing in an upcoming issue of IDW.
    Older issues of IDW from a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    When did tracks and needlenose become brothers?
    They weren't. It was retroconed in recent IDW. In G1 continuity they aren't related. If the vote doesn't go ahead they still won't
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

So, there is no word or even a hint at future voting rounds... this single vote on one of three pairs, over just 3-4 days, looks like it might just be it.

Is this the least interesting fan vote so far?
    This may just be me and my opinion, but it just seems so uninspiring, not just because of what this year's fan vote is about, but because previous years seemed so much more interesting or epic.

Results of previous votes may have been polarising to fans, but the voting process back then was often quite involved when creating new characters, or featured iconic characters when voting on a new toy for an old character.
    This time it just seems so simple (a short voting period for one of three options, with little fanfare or promotion), and features characters who probably wouldn't even make it on the short list of the Hall of Fame fan-vote... and the two that are most iconic to fans and the general public, just recently got Generations toys (Mirage and Wheeljack).
    Tracks is the only one of the six that didn't see a Prime Wars Trilogy era toy, and even though three of them were limited FunPub toys, they are out there if fans of those characters really wanted them.

I expect that the winning toys will be Deluxes, or else they wouldn't fit in with the other Generations toys that are similar to these characters (other Autobot cars, Targetmasters), and that won't allow the designers to do too much with the engineering and details, or else these will cost as much as Masterpiece toys.

And the worst of it, is that if the resulting two toys are very nicely done, it is an annoying tease that we then won't get the other four produced.
    I would have preferred several rounds of voting, eliminating characters in a head to head showdown, resulting in two winners... making it more interesting with each round, and we wouldn't be too upset about the loosing options being a tease of toys we'll never see, because there would be too many losers.

The best comment on the Facebook page for the vote is something along the lines of "Just give us Spinister, Needlenose and Impactor".

They are three characters Hasbro has not done properly in G1 form. To only give us one of them is a bit painful for collectors like me that want a full G1 cast from 84 to 92 in CHUG.

I only just barely bothered to vote.

it feels like such an anti-climax to me.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I only just barely bothered to vote.

it feels like such an anti-climax to me.
    Why is it all I can ever say when I read one of your posts is:

+1

The fan-vote ends today (American time), and Hasbro have posted up some new (last minute) info that might have changed the vote of fans....

Q: Aren’t Needlenose and Tracks brothers? A: Yep! And, you’ll get a glimpse into what drove them apart and led to them joining the Autobots and Decepticons in the War for Cybertron trilogy! Get Excited!

Q: Why antoher Wheeljack figure, we recently got him as a toy? A: Wheeljack is one of the few Autobots whose Cybertronian vehicle alt-mode is seen in the original 1984 pilot episode of “The Transformers”. This version has never before been created in toy.

Q: Why does Impactor wear a Decepticon logo? A: Much like the bounty hunter Doubledealer (who bears the Autobot crest), Impactor wears faction logos which do not align with his true nature as a Transformer. You’ll learn why and how he came to wear the Autobot crest, instead, in the untold stories of the War for Cybertron Trilogy.
    I don't know where these were posted, but it was mirrored here.

Based on the response about Wheeljack (having his Gen1 Cybertronian mode), it suggests that the winning toys will be completely new designs.... and even more of an annoying tease that the losing four will not be made (or else, what would be the point of having a fan-vote to decide what toys will be released).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    and even more of an annoying tease that the losing four will not be made (or else, what would be the point of having a fan-vote to decide what toys will be released).
    I smell something fishy there. They say that you WILL SEE in the new series....... so they've already planned for them to play a role in either the IDW story, the cartoon, or some other media. Impactor for example playing a double role , so presumably more than one episode or issue. That sounds like a major plot point to me, and I suspect we'll be seeing the toys packed individually. The fan vote seems more about a two-pack versus line.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

If we are indeed not getting all three (which would be a bit stupid IMO), mentioning Cybertronian mode Wheeljack probably would have been a bit more useful before the event, rather than right on the dot.

I would love a new Tracks, or a golf cart Wheeljack.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I certainly would have vote for Wheeljack if we knew that it would be the Cybertronian mode, and if it was implied that we wouldn't get it if it didn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I smell something fishy there. They say that you WILL SEE in the new series....... so they've already planned for them to play a role in either the IDW story, the cartoon, or some other media. Impactor for example playing a double role , so presumably more than one episode or issue. That sounds like a major plot point to me, and I suspect we'll be seeing the toys packed individually. The fan vote seems more about a two-pack versus line.
    After the RID cartoon gave us a LOT of Decepticons that never became toys, I just don't trust that anyone who is in the upcoming cartoon or comic universe will get toys.
    As such, I think we won't get a toy for every character, but the winning pair will be guaranteed to be done.

If they release the other four, at all... it will cheapen the already unexciting 2018 fan-vote. (I'm not saying that they shouldn't do all six, as I'd still want them, and want fans of those characters to get them as well, and not be teased like this and never get it.)