Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW Ongoing comic #1 8-page preview

Default IDW Ongoing comic #1 8-page preview

Determined to get as much interest in this new comic as possible, a normal preview of 5 pages wasn't enough for IDW. Here we see 8 pages of the comic, in addition to the 5 pages in the earlier preview (showing the death of a certain character)... it doesn't leave much left of the first issue.
    http://www.previewsworld.com/public/...6&ai=88936&ssd=

The death of a major character was obviously not shocking enough plot-device. It looks like the departure of one of the leaders also accurs, and is big enough news for the 'USA Today' paper/website to do an article on it.

Beware of spoilers

While on the topic of the ongoing comic, a cover of the 2nd issue has been revealed, which could be a spoiler, as it may be the ressurection of someone who I thought died in AHM. (I haven't read Coda, so could be wrong)
    Maybe the death of characters in this new (IDW) universe is not permanent after all.

Could be death is trivial bossbot, or just a cover with a fan favourite character on it that bears no relation to the internal story...

Or the Humans may have pieced together Cracker for one reason or another. Who knows (or cares?) So far the only nice thing I can say about this ongoing is that Hutch's covers are awesomesauce.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I'm rather pissed off that TFW2005 posted this on the front page with out spoiler alerts or anything. So much for enjoying the read

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I'm rather pissed off that TFW2005 posted this on the front page with out spoiler alerts or anything. So much for enjoying the read
    A lot of people are but that's a straight copy and paste from the IDW press release which is a hint of how much thought is going into all of this.

Personally, I think we are just going to get AHM II: The new (but old) batch.

I also have a feeling that Cracker will appear with no explanation because people forgot to read what happened before.

I have lost faith in IDW not just due to the mediocrity and sloppiness of the past year but also their outright lies in their promotions.

Roche is the only saving grace but he can only work with so much.

I saw this issue today and to be honest the faces don't look as bad as I thought they would.

Still, I'm holding out to see if it's any good and then, will think about the trade paperback.
    Last edited by Sam; 20th November 2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Just saw I had a typo! Supposed to read "faces don't look as bad" not "faces don't look as best"

SGB is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have lost faith in IDW not just due to the mediocrity and sloppiness of the past year but also their outright lies in their promotions.
    I haven't kept up with the IDW comics. What has IDW lied about?

AHM Megatron promotion for example. Turned out very different from advertized didn't it?

Their persistent claim that AHM always intended to be in continuity with the previous stories - who are they kidding?

Having plot contradictions/inconsistencies does not make it out of continuity. It was in the same IDW Gen1 Universe (continuity), which means it isn't a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I figured it would be a spoiler for those following the comics, so didn't mention the names of any (allegedly) dead characters, just in case.