Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

This isn't a TF question, I'm just too dumb to find out where exactly should I post it...feel free to move it to anywhere appropriate if you please...

I just need some instruction on how to insert photos into your post and have them displayed an imbedded image between text lines?

At the moment I can only attach them and have them listed below the text section as thumbnails with superlinks. I don't know if it's just me or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    This isn't a TF question, I'm just too dumb to find out where exactly should I post it...feel free to move it to anywhere appropriate if you please...

I just need some instruction on how to insert photos into your post and have them displayed an imbedded image between text lines?

At the moment I can only attach them and have them listed below the text section as thumbnails with superlinks. I don't know if it's just me or what.
    Upload to an image website (for example Imageshack, Photobucket, Tinypic)

Then from there you'll receive a url to the image.
    Now, if you know what you're doing extract the actual image link from the "forum code" box and whack it in [ IMG] tags. Otherwise just paste in the code it gives you. (which will be filled with links and advertising and other junk...)

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by KillinSpoon View Post
    Upload to an image website (for example Imageshack, Photobucket, Tinypic)

Then from there you'll receive a url to the image.
    Now, if you know what you're doing extract the actual image link from the "forum code" box and whack it in [ IMG] tags. Otherwise just paste in the code it gives you. (which will be filled with links and advertising and other junk...)

Done.
    Thanks a lot! Hursti's been teaching me the same but I'm SLOW...

I'll just keep trying and see if I can finally get there.

Default i need help uploading pics

the title pretty much sums it up.I'm having trouble uploading my pics of my collection.I've tryed just about everything and nothing (well i did get 1 pic up a couple of weeks ago but since then nothing) any tips or help?

How are you trying to upload them?

I would suggest signing up to a website like flicker or photobucket.
    When you get the photo's uploaded to one of those website you can deeplink them here.
    You hit the picture button and past the url of the actual picture
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

i feel your pain mate... i had the same trouble a few years ago when i first started checking out forums and stuff.

i would suggest using "tinypic" ( just google that.... you'll find it )

when you're there, all you have to do is:

1: click the "browse" button, it'll open up a window to all your saved pictures.... choose the one you want to post by clicking on it... then press "open" at the bottom.

2: now you'll be back at the main page.... press "upload now" (big green button)

3: enter the verification code (to prove your a person... not a computer...lol)
    then press the "upload now" button

4: it'll take you back to the main page again.... except now there are four boxes with script in them. left click on the second one from the top (img codes for forums and message boards) which will highlight the text, then right click... and choose "copy"

now when you create a post here on the forums...

right click the mouse... and paste.

that bit of text is your photo... try preview post to make sure it worked, and hooray! you've posted a photo.

just repeat from step 1 for each photo you want to post.

hope i've helped.... i tried to keep it simple as possible.

pm me if you need anymore help mate... we've all been there

janda
    Last edited by janda the red; 17th September 2011 at 09:35 AM.

thanks for the info i'm uploading now to photobucket but it's gonna take awhile (wireless bb)if that doesnt work i'll try for the tinypic option.

Quote Originally Posted by iamirondude View Post
    thanks for the info i'm uploading now to photobucket but it's gonna take awhile (wireless bb)if that doesnt work i'll try for the tinypic option.
    Oh dude, Wireless Broadband and Uploading must be bloody painful.
    I use Photobucket myself and I find it to be fairly straight forwad and easy to use, much like yourself I struggled when I 1st joined a forum in understanding how to do 'this-that and the other thing' but you'll get the hang of it.
    Also, you're not alone in this dude as a couple of other recently joined members needed assistance in how to upload and post pics - we're always here to help though.

Default Attachments are now restricted to Active Members (rank 5) and higher

To slow down the ever-ballooning storage space on my server, I've had to restrict "image attachments" to Active Members and higher.... which will end up making it a perk to earn here (by being a committed fan here).
    I can't afford to have new people joining up and immediately attaching images that cost me money, when it is supposed to be a feature that is used rarely (as a last resort for important queries, news or sightings), so they should be hosting the images of all other things (like collections) on free-hosting sites and posting them from there.

I'll see how this goes and adjust it if necessary.

sounds fair to me let us know if you ever need some donations or any help with running costs dude
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast