Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

It's tattooing with molten steel...

I find it difficult to post pics here at the best of times.......even other peoples pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Or just edit out the image in the quote. Even lazier And therefore my preferred way
    It's my preferred method too, adding *Snip* in its place. - It's one of the earliest posting behaviours I adopted upon joining OTCA.
    It also involves MORE effort than simply quoting a post or copying a pre-made thumbnail [/img] link, so I don't see where you see it being lazy, Tets.

Default Preferred external picture hosting service

Currently, I'm using Flikr to host pictures, and use BB codes to post images here. It needs to be noted that I barely understand that last sentence.

The issue with Flickr is that it embeds hyperlinks in the photo description that I'd rather weren't in my posts, and since updating my phone I can't sign in to the Flikr app (using iOS), so I have to use the Flikr site via Safari. More problematic is that I can't get BB codes on the app or mobile version of the website so I can't post pics from my phone unless I use the desktop version of the website on my phone, which is still a big pain.

So, I'm open to suggestions of a hosting site which 1) has an app on iOS, 2) I can easily transfer pics from my phone into the app, and 3) can easily get BB codes (or the equivalent) from the app to post pics on OTCA from my phone without the need to sit down at my desktop computer.

Any suggestions?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

FYI, part of Flickr's terms of service is including the hyperlink if you post an image you've uploaded there on another site.

I haven't used it but Imgur has an app which presumeably works the same as their website where you can
    Upload from your phone/tablet
    Resize images
    Grab a bbcode to post on forums

Pretty sure it doesn't include a hyperlink in the code

Photobucket has an app which I have used and found very clunky. I couldn't resize the image so it was unnecessarily huge when I posted it. Also they automatically include a hyperlink in the bbcode but its not part of their TOS to include that when you post to another site.

Oh, and a bunch of features had to be "unlocked" by getting "achievements". :/ talk about being out of touch
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Gave Imgur a shot at your suggestion Tinyjazz... so far the results are good! Still needing a few work arounds as the BB codes are not easily available on the app (but work nicely on the mobile site). Resizing the image was pretty easy too.

The results are here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...098#post547098

Many thanks!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

No worries, I'm glad it worked out for you! I should probably try out the app myself now haha
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

So flickr is the new photobucket?

or imgur. I have switched to that.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Gave Imgur a shot at your suggestion Tinyjazz... so far the results are good! Still needing a few work arounds as the BB codes are not easily available on the app (but work nicely on the mobile site). Resizing the image was pretty easy too.

The results are here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...098#post547098

Many thanks!
    G'day. I'm new here and am using imgur to put photos onto the boards but I can't for the life of me figure out to resize the image. I'm doing all this on my phone. Thanks for any help.