Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotlinking prohibited - How do you insert/attach images here?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Dude... ette

No worries!
    Hehe, I use 'dude' for both men & women - No offence is meant however as I don't see the word as being a 'guy term'.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Hehe, I use 'dude' for both men & women - No offence is meant however as I don't see the word as being a 'guy term'.
    Fine by me! No offence taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Indeed you have; I believe anyone can post pic/photo links into their forum posts (via a Photo hosting website) but uploading pics/photos directly to the forum is a privilege reserved for higher ranks, mainly in an effort to promote new members to take up the use of photo hosting websites.

I probably explained that horribly , but if you need further clarification I'm sure a Mod or Griffin will be happy to oblige (If I can't help you).
    That's pretty much it - anyone can insert images from an off-site image host (like photobucket or flickr), but only the higher ranks can upload images to this server (because it costs me money to host the extra server space).
    As mentioned by others, if you are wanting to insert images, sign up to a free image hosting site (if you aren't already) and find the applicable image link for each image you want to insert, at the image-hosting site you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's pretty much it - anyone can insert images from an off-site image host (like photobucket or flickr), but only the higher ranks can upload images to this server (because it costs me money to host the extra server space).
    As mentioned by others, if you are wanting to insert images, sign up to a free image hosting site (if you aren't already) and find the applicable image link for each image you want to insert, at the image-hosting site you are using.
    Ah, I had never understood the distinction before. I had actually asked Bartrim about when one becomes a dedicated member so I could put photo's in but now I know (and knowing is half the battle!) will happily sign up to photobucket - especially if it costs you extra money to do it the other way!

Thanks for letting us know, we shall TRANSFORM our ways like GoktimusPrime said.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    To slow down the ever-ballooning storage space on my server, I've had to restrict "image attachments" to Active Members and higher.... which will end up making it a perk to earn here (by being a committed fan here).
    I can't afford to have new people joining up and immediately attaching images that cost me money, when it is supposed to be a feature that is used rarely (as a last resort for important queries, news or sightings), so they should be hosting the images of all other things (like collections) on free-hosting sites and posting them from there.

I'll see how this goes and adjust it if necessary.
    Is there like an OTCA officially recommended photo storage site? I use photobucket at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Is there like an OTCA officially recommended photo storage site? I use photobucket at the moment.
    I would say no. I think most people use photobucket, I do, mainly because it's easy to use.

yup i use the bucket for all my photography and everything
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

To show how long it takes me to catch onto these things, it took someone explaining to me what photobucket was and then explaining how to use it, and even then for a few months all I could figure out how to do was to put links to the photobucket pics on. It took TinyJazz basically explaining it step by step to me in another thread a few days ago for me to figure out how to insert the image so it came up.

Sometimes I think I am doing the equivalent of banging my computer with a rock and grunting at it. And yet when I first started using the internet over a decade ago it took me all of 5 minutes to figure out how to make the pictures of the ladies with no clothes on come up

Personally, I don't see why anyone would have an issue with using something like Photobucket. Like Gok said - it's FREE! And like Griffin said - it costs him money if we do it the other way and lets face it, its pretty cool we get this free site to play on so we should not heap expenses on the guy. I don't understand why someone would argue to do it otherwise.

Edit: Oh, the guy arguing otherwise has been banned. Ah well, my point still stands

Imgur is a very easy to use and free image host. You just drag and drop your images onto the site and hit upload, then it gives you heaps of options for copying and pasting into posts. Can also rehost images by giving it a URL instead of uploading from your computer.